1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How is anyone who read that he can't wear jeans still having the contact lens conversation? He sounds like someone who will drive an electric vehicle before he puts something in his eye.

2. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I saw one at the post office once but I use FedEx or something else if possible. In Texas if you have a LTC most of the signs don’t apply and the ones that do you’re just trespassing. Mexico was a little different. I’m not about pushing the envelope in Mexico, not even a little bit.

3. GixxerJohn011

If he does try them can somebody PLEASE record them trying to show him how put them in :crackup:

4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Here's @Gorilla George for the informational on "How to put in Contacts"

[​IMG]

Yzasserina likes this.
  5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lololol… some people are squeamish about eyes, others are not. If he is, it’s game over. Like it’s a miracle my sister manages to put on mascara. The point is, once the contacts are in, you just absorb them into your experience, scleral ones in particular.

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Come on……..I KNOW I’m not the only one :D

pjdoran likes this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Picked up a Sig Tango 1-6 and I'm on the lpvo train now. Zeroed at 100yds. I'll keep my Eotech on another upper for now.

6x is perfect for me where I shoot. Nabbed a vermin on the property with it a day after I zeroed it.

dobr24 likes this.
  9. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I still have a house in Mexico and travel done there quite a bit. I've never had even the slightest altercation in Mexico. Definitely had more "road rage" or just general stink eyes in my general neighborhood here in Arizona. With that said I don't go anywhere without something as a defense item. Whether thats a knife, tactical type pen, lanyard with keys. Learn some basic fighting and defense skills, have situational awareness and use de-escalation techniques when you can. I've been mugged when I lived in NYC, had a home invasion in NJ. Live and learn...

10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The reticle on my EOTECH 553 just went dim for no reason while I was getting ready for the Wolverine 5K. Sent a message to the manufacture and the next day, received instructions to send it back for an exchange of sorts. It was too old to service, so I got a 50% off coupon for pretty much anything but NVG gear.

Now, there’s a VUDO 1-10x28 FFP on the way. Guess I’ll have to pay regular money for an EXP of some sort.

11. GixxerJohn011

I’ve been on high alert this whole trip and if I’m honest I’ve had more uncomfortable moments here in El Paso than Juárez.

Wingnut likes this.
  12. Ah ok. So it will fix my far away vision, but I’ll keep my close up vision?

She said they go by points. Age, thickness of cornea, and a couple of other things. Once you get 4 points it means you aren’t a good candidate for lasik.

She said based on the initial consultation, I am a good candidate for lasik.

I just wanna make sure I won’t lose my close up vision in the process.

If I have to choose between wearing glasses for traveling/driving, but then not having to wear them when I’m on my phone or computer…..or having to wear them to see anything close, then I’d rather be in my current situation.

If it’s one or the other, I’d rather only need to wear glasses when I need to see far away, rather than having to put them on anytime I want to look at my phone or computer.

13. Yeah I don’t see contacts being an option. I can’t even watch the wife put her contacts in, it freaks me out.

It will either be glasses (when I drive or travel), or lasik.

Gotta admit, I should have done this years ago.

This was BY FAR the most stress free traveling I have ever had. I could see all the signs in the Terminal. Not only the sign in front of me, I could see the next one way down the Terminal

Rather than just aimlessly walking in a random direction, hoping I’m going the right way and hoping I arrive at the right gate (because I can’t see the signs and refuse to ask for help), I could see all the way down the Terminal and knew exactly which way to go.

I was able to walk directly to my gate with no drama or stress.

It is SO good being able to see.

Jedb likes this.
  14. Yeah eyes and teeth freak me out. In scary movies whenever they go to put something in someone’s eye, or pull a tooth out or some shit, I have to turn my head. :eek:

15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

You won't lose your near vision with lasik. I had it done ~25 years ago and only started needing readers maybe two years back. I am not a fan of things touching my eyes either, but they gave me a decent valium dose which calmed me enough for the procedure. Still some of the best money I have ever spent.

Gorilla George likes this.
  16. That’s good to hear. Thanks

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

So no jeans for you, got it. :) You ever seen the movie Marathon Man? Snicker.

18. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I heard someone else mention the 36 yard zero. Is this relatively new? Which calibers is this for?

19. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Not really new. My buddy has been doing it for quite a few years. The idea is for barrels in the 16"-20" range, it results in approximately a 36/300 zero with the least possible deviation from zero out slightly past 300. It's a combat zero with the idea being that if you hold dead center mass on a combatant anywhere between 0-325ish yards, you'll hit a critical spot. Zeroing strategy is another one of those rabbit holes that goes way deeper than most realize lol.

dobr24 and speedluvn like this.
  20. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Assumes 5.56, 55gr - 62gr
    16" - 20" barrel
    Look at the different target zeros and you can see how the 36yd zero compacts the shots out to ~350.

https://www.thearmorylife.com/is-your-carbines-zero-wrong/

speedluvn likes this.