1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good bourbon?

Discussion in 'General' started by PistolPete, Nov 17, 2020.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Apparently... You're still slurring your words. :crackup:

pjzocc likes this.
  2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Holy Grail bottle to me. Never had the opportunity.

3. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Very nice! Warm but smooth, not hot like a 108 can be. That one will get you in trouble.

six6two and thrak410 like this.
  4. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I've lost interest in the "hunt" anymore. Weller CYPB is a $150 MSRP....... sells for a grand. Pappy 23 year, 199 MSRP goes for 4 grand. Just fucking stupid.

Buffalo Trace/Eagle Rare/Blanton's, which should all be sitting out on the shelf readily available, you have to beg/borrow/blow for it and you better be ready to pay a premium for it cause not to many stores are charging MSRP anymore.

I finally said fuck it this year and switched to Michter's Small Batch. $45-50 and it is on the shelf. Have a bunch of bottles I need to post up and just get them out of my cabinet.

sanee and casjoker like this.
  5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

If you want Eagle Rare, I can get you a few+ bottles. :) My store has it whenever I want... does it really command a huge markup on the secondary?

6. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Not sure about the 10 but the 17 does.

7. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Damn, just saw the 17 is like $2k, that’s crazy. Even the 10 year goes for $100? It’s good but not that good, where I work we pay $30.

8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Whatcha got?

9. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Did you sell anything? My wife and I are working on downsizing our home and I need to sell some bottles. Looks like you need to use a broker for it to be legal?

10. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Dibs!
    Unless someone like myself lives close enough for a road trip or is actually going to Indy 5/14...

11. Esquilito

Esquilito Member

Smooth Ambler Old Scout is pretty darn good for ~$30 a bottle.

rugbymook likes this.
  12. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I've heard my 4th line manager collects bourbon. If you have anything rare, it's possible he'd be interested.

13. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

post up what you have or send me a pm. It’s quite easy to move Bourbon as long as it’s to someone you trust won’t try to rip you off. Box it up and send those fancy gift bottles of olive oil out!

14. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

It's crazy how available these bourbons are in Japan, but not in KY where they're bottled. I paid ~$55 a bottle for Blanton's black label, 12 year Wild Turkey and Four Roses Super Premium. My last night I was at a bar that had 5/6 of these as full bottle he'd sell for reasonable prices (I think max $150 but maybe a little more):
    upload_2023-4-26_12-48-54.png
    Link

I just didn't have room in my suitcase anymore. I may take an extra suitcase in July when we go on our homefinding trip.

15. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Seems some bourbon companies are dropping their lower priced lines and focusing their rack house inventory on the higher priced bottles. Lux Row has dropped their Ezra Brooks 90 proof altogether, which in my opinion was the best budget bottle of bourbon on the market. It will be interesting to see if that strategy plays out. At $15/bottle the stuff sold like hot cakes. Lets see if the same holds true at $40+/bottle for essentially the same product. I believe they dropped their Daviess County line as well. Rebel is still on the shelves for now.

16. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Not bourbon but I picked up a bottle of Broken Barrel Heresy Kentucky Straight Rye at the liquor store down the road from Road Atlanta. Never ran into it in the northeast so I gave it a try. Not outstanding but it's made in Owensboro, KY, so that counts for something. Well worth the $40, would buy again.

17. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

@vfrket has dibs for now, but I did take some pictures. Some is pretty average. Some are more desirable. PM me your cell or email and I’ll send pictures.

18. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

I have only recently started getting in to bourbons so I've just kinda started grabbing bottles when I go into the store. Some good options have been posted here that I'd like to add.

Attached Files:

19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

20. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I've tried the 3 on the left :beer: