1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good bourbon?

Discussion in 'General' started by PistolPete, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I could see that. Stuff is tasty.

2. ton

ton Arf!

i'll admit i haven't gone back and tried the white label since i became a bougie cunt. but having rediscovered some of the Wild Turkey products in the last year or so, it's certainly worth another look.

3. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

AEF8E8F7-81A6-4340-BE38-819F67F5F73E.jpeg This is delightful

cpettit likes this.
  4. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

One of the many bottles that have eluded me for years.

5. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Not a bourbon because it is made in Canada. But this stuff is made about an hour and a half from my front door and is delicious. Fairly pricey even up here at $80 CAD a bottle. But I like supporting the little guys when I can.
    [​IMG]

6. ton

ton Arf!

i've been able to get my hands on a bottle only once. not nearly as hard to get as some of the other rarities these days, and... it is indeed lovely.

7. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Had a tasting with my neighbor

1E7C343E-3A63-409E-BF91-014F7B3FC857.jpeg 9681CEEB-73EB-4208-9C93-01CF9AD3A91D.jpeg C58714D1-B7DC-455F-8952-9F6E7EA85989.jpeg

8. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

9. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

10. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

11. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I would like to see those same pictures with the current purchase price of a bottle of each superimposed.

And which one 'won'?

13. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

MSRP prices or Secondary market prices?

cpettit likes this.
  14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I'll take that William Heavenhill, the Van Winkle 12 yr and the Fitzgerald 20 yr please. Really nice lineup there.

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Exactly. Googling the Fitzgerald found a range of 350 to over 4000. I've seen similar ranges on other bottles I've pondered purchasing for investment. It has shown me that I have absolutely no idea what I am doing with regard to investing in liquors and that I should stick with what I do know. (ish)

I still think that there's an opportunity there using my go-to liquor store's rewards points system. If I understand it correctly, I can use my points to purchase a limited availability Pappys or some such at the MSRP. Next problem would be selling it for secondary market prices. (and establishing provenance, shipping, processing payment in the age of f**k PayPal, etc)

16. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

The Weller CYPB was my personal favorite of the night.

17. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

This was my neighbors lineup. He has amassed an amazing collection over the years. In his earlier years he was a sales rep for a major beer/liquor distributor here in CNY. He has maintained some great contacts and relationships with clients and they let him know when they get something in his wheelhouse. Most (if not all) he’s gotten at cost or msrp and usually buys multiple bottles. Currently he has over a dozen Weller 12.

His Blantons collection is tremendous. Bottles that were exported exclusively to Japan and he’s got like 5 or 6 of those. Red label, black label, Japanese writing on the wraps.

I’ve got a decent supply but his collection is work class.

18. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That's the only way you can score a quality bottle in Louisville, knowing someone in the industry. I may have mentioned that a couple weeks back, Old Fo was having a special release at 10am one morning. I happened to be downtown at 9:30 so I figured I could stop by and get a bottle. The line went around the block.

I do work at most of the major distilleries in the area and even the guys that work there laugh when I ask them if they can get me a prime bottle. It isn't worth their job to do that for me.

I stick with Old Fo 1910 for my premium pour. Very easy to find and about $60 per bottle.

19. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

The OF Birrhday Bourbon was nice!

rd400racer likes this.
  20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

How'd you like the Makers RC6?