1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bike dickheads…….??

Discussion in 'General' started by britx303, Dec 13, 2022.

Tags:
  1. I’ve done way more damage to myself on my Zuma and TTR 125 than I have on my KTM’s by a long shot. I have a healthy fear of my KTM’s which is probably why.

Banditracer likes this.
  2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The TPI bikes are all going away, it seems. And by that, I mean they’re getting rid of the dual injectors in the cylinder and going with a more traditional throttle body type of fuel delivery. The XC variants from KTM are no longer of the TPI design, and riding a new XC against a TPI model of a year previous, there’s a nice, powerful difference. I’d guess the XC-W models will probably lose the TPI as well, and it is for the better.

650 RACER likes this.
  3. Resident Plarp

I keed I keed!

:D :D

I was wondering what happened to ya. Hadn’t seen you here in a minute.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Im thinking it must be prime coyote hunting season.

5. 650 RACER

650 RACER Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm sure the W, TE, and EC will all go TBI next year also but I have heard maybe not due to emissions as the enduro versions in other countries need to be road legal. But who knows? I cannot imagine KTM keeps two versions of injection across 3 lines.

I don't have any complaints really with my 21 EC300 but I've had to replace a couple crank pressure sensors but suspect a screened spark arrestor might have something to do with it. Oh and open chamber forks ha for what these things cost they should really give us dual chamber forks IMO.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. Resident Plarp

This is true. The TPI stuff, from a production standpoint is way more expensive, parts and assembly costs. KTM almost always staggers their development cycles on the off-road/enduro lines - XC updates first, then XC-W year after.

For whatever reason, that doesn’t seem to be the case with the SX-F and XC-F lines. They get updated concurrently.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Klx140g…….it may be the flu I’m fighting + starting at 4am today, so to quote Freddie the dick…..I’m a bit FOGgy at the moment:p…..but I think I want one at a semi local dealer, and might try to go get it after work. Talk me out of it…………..:D

8. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

RMX450Z here. Have raced/ridden many 2 and 4 strokes over the years. I love em all.

Sabre699 likes this.
  9. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I've heard that KTM licensed marine technology for the TPI, and that the TBI is their own engineered product. No facts to support this here-say though.

I'm planning to buy a 150 XC-W or TE soon, myself. I've researched enough to know that it may well take a minimum of an ECU re-flash, and possibly more to get it running optimally. The work and products https://www.twostrokeperformance.com.au/ is doing looks very interesting to me, so far, but I know there are others doing similar research and products in the US, etc.
    I've never been enamored with the KTM WP suspension products, but know there are many options to get them working better, or replaced. I think this is one of the reasons I've been reluctant to buy one in the past.

10. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I had a 2020 husky tx300 and liked the TPI setup. Yeah it wasn't awesome on top but for normal off-road use the power was awesome and easy to use. With a pipe and adjusting the power valve a bit it ran quite a bit better on top too. Hoping the TBI has all the awesomeness down low of the TPI but give it the top end fun I was missing.

11. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

For the targeted audience I think the 140G is a great bike. A friend had one for a little while and I was impressed with how peppy it was and how good the suspension was.

britx303 likes this.
  12. britx303

Yeah it felt good, sizewise. We’ll hope it works for us…….I just bought it :D

Bugslayer, jksoft, Sabre699 and 2 others like this.
  13. britx303

My gaaawwwwd the amount of shit you can do to a klx140g!! If I get every aftermarket part I’m finding that I want…….no, need…..the cost of this bike will double :crackup:I haven’t even brought it home yet and I’m wanting to go all out on it:rock:

fastfreddie likes this.
  14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Fitting it with a suppressor and a longer barrel...no wait! :D

britx303 likes this.
  15. britx303

The one needs UNsuppressing :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Yeah but how about a folding stock and a sweet optic? :beer:

britx303 likes this.
  17. britx303

Optic??? Well I can definitely see myself doing epically stupid things with it for sure……..can’t wait :crackup:

18. britx303

Sabre699 likes this.
  19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Slicks or knobs?

20. britx303

Knobbies for now. We are going to run it in a Hare Scramble that’s coming up just after New Years. I’ve got a day off today, so we are busy going over her TTR, so if all goes right she’ll be on that and I’ll use the 140. It was a heart wrenching moment yesterday at the dealership when she pointed out that she was too old for the youth classes, and that she races the same time slot as me now………they grow up fast:(. But the flip side is it’ll be awesome racing the same time too:D