1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prague....any input

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That’s the opening to a potentially great joke/ spoken word piece. :crackup:
    This one time, in Prague. . .

2. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

I was very lucky in that I was wearing a red shirt so the blood didn’t freak everyone out. When I looked down at my nipple I realized the horse was snaggle toothed , there were 2 gashes on either side of mr nipple, nipple was still there but a gash on each side. I kept the shirt cause no one would believe the story.

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Be forewarned...Prague is full of Czechoslovakians.

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Went there in 1994, while working in Munich. Met a gal from there in Munich, who invited me over a weekend. She introduced me to another who was my local guide for the weekend.

It was only about two years after the breakup of USSR, but there were already McDonalds all over. The local phone company was bought by NYNEX (NY Tel).

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. Hell yeah. Shit now I gotta go to Prague.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Dude. Have you not seen “Hostel”?

If hot chicks try to get busy with you, RUN!

Jed and Gorilla George like this.
  8. Yeah, because I do have a problem with random hot chicks trying to get with me all the time. :crackup:

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That was actually for Dan.

I’d be more worried about the welfare of the goons if they tried fucking with you. :crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. Al-

Al- Well-Known Member

Things about Prague, definitely walk around and see some architecture/castles. That clock tower is a cool tour if its not under construction. Beware of panhandlers and pickpockets everywhere, and guys trying to take you to meet some nice women. It is the perfect place if you really like pilsners and really do not like vegetables. Try to find a fresh vegetable anywhere and you'll be pretty disappointed. Bar life there is fun, but can get sketchy in a hurry, I was having a conversation with someone telling me about how he heard Baltimore was dangerous and immediately someone nearby got their head opened up with a broken beer bottle.

11. Oh :crackup:

12. ChemGuy

Sheeet.

I was born at the corner of Eff Around Place and Find Out Ave....

pickled egg likes this.
  13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

<not to be pedantic...hah! who am i kidding?>
    Not really. There is really only one "pilsner" in Czecho. The rest are lagers of the pivo světlé (pale) style, and come in a variety of strengths noted by their starting gravity in degrees Plato. The BJCP used to characterize this class of golden lagers as "Bohemian Pilsners", but that really tended to discount all the great breweries outside Plzeň. And there are many, many great breweries across the country. Visitors that like wide ranging beers should be encouraged to sample amber or "half-dark" (polotmavé) and dark (tmavé) styles as they are also fantastic. The latter is a current object of focus in my brewhouse. The relatively recent availability of floor-malted bohemian kilned (munich type) malt in the states is a great opportunity.

Dan -- go to Prague for the beer, and pass on the hookers.

Phl218 likes this.
  14. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Doesn't the Czech Republic consume more beer per her head of population than any other country in the world?

15. ChemGuy

I'd buy thay. Except maybe a few counties in Wisco probably beat them.

16. Al-

Al- Well-Known Member

maybe if you’re going to breweries and up market places, the vast majority of bars and restaurants in CZ seemed to have maybe two types of beer, a light and a dark, with a good number of them having only one but served at different temps if you wanted.
    Until very recently we were serving beer on draft in the cafeteria at the factory, but it has been replaced with nonalcoholic beer. Still a huge part of the culture.

17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Way cool place… I went there about 5 years ago… If you have the time check out Cesky Krumlov..A little off the beaten path but the town walls and scenery in mind blowing.. The city of Prague is cool as well… place doesn’t start becoming alive nightlife wise until 11 or so but it goes on till 3PM… The Beatles wall across the bridge….Palace and other things are cool as well… Dresden is a little ways down the road but we drove there too… Another cool town.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The Rocco Siffredi in Prague series was really good.

19. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

We just visited Prague and Nuremberg during thanksgiving. Prague needed the day we gave it. Lots of walking around. The view from the castle is awesome. The weather was gross but still. We didn't do the nightlife stuff. Just walked around and enjoyed the architecture.

We flew from Den to Munich then got on a train to Prague. It was a slog. I'm glad we went but I don't feel the need to go back.

ChemGuy likes this.