1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taylor Swift tickets

Discussion in 'General' started by GixxerJohn011, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

We took our girls to one of her concerts several years ago and the show is definitely very impressive. Most of the songs have choreographed dancing and I lost count of the number of set changes. I can certainly appreciate the amount of work that goes into all of that.
    And when I bought the tickets I just drove down to the arena and bought them at the ticket window (this was several months before the concert). That way I didn't have to deal with TM. Not sure that is an option with this recent tour.

Steeltoe likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

i'm pretty sure that a lot of bots bought tickets for this event and probably F1, and that's unfortunate.

I know as a season ticket or multi-game plan holder for a couple teams, I have to pay well in advance of the season, sometimes had to buy a Personal seat license to even get access to tickets, and most times just trying to break even on many games after accounting for fees, so don't say we should all DIAF. So that's a lot of tied up funds for a length of time, and a commitment well in advance of how a team is doing.

But, the biggest scalpers are Stubhub and Ticketmaster themselves. A lot of a seller markup goes to those companies and not the seller, and now between the fees and now taxes on ticket sales, the seller doesn't walk away with all that much. A lot of times, the price premium you see listed are the net of what the seller paid with fees.

3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Slipknot is very high on her list but that's one of those massive events that I'm just not as comfortable going to. I guess we'll see. We have a list of bands we want to hit. She often laments Dio is no longer with us, she wanted to see him so bad. :(

Personally, she's a mixed bag of oximorons. She was a superstar in the sports arena, yet had zero desire for the "popular" scene, a metal head that probably knows more metal history than I do yet a total nerd that loves cosplay, art, and comics. Proud of my kids!
    [​IMG]

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Dude...you posted a pic of your daughter HERE?????

She's a very attractive young woman.

dtalbott, Banditracer and crashman like this.
  5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I thought Ticketmaster was face value of tickets when you resell? I completely agree on Stubhub though. They provide a vehicle to make reselling for a profit easy and IMO are worse than the guy selling tickets for a markup on the sidewalk in front of the venue. I am sure there are people employing entire call centers in India trying to buy up as much popular stuff as they can to put on StubHub for a profit.

BigBird likes this.
  6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

As the father of 2 daughters I could not agree more. This place is full of the people I have warned them about their entire lives! :D

dtalbott, tl1098, Steeltoe and 2 others like this.
  7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Same here, I have 2 girls, only pics I post on here are my dog. :crackup:

dtalbott likes this.
  8. ton

ton Arf!

and even that isn’t risk-free

R Acree and Banditracer like this.
  9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Seriously, have you not heard of SpeedyE?

R Acree, ton and Banditracer like this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

You can sell for any amount, at least with sporting tickets. they take 10%, their fees are actually lower than stubhub. but also remember you paid a fee to buy the tix in the first place, so they are double dipping.

11. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

We live in a real world. She gets hit on SOOOOO much at 'cons, even when she was well under legal. It is what it is. I trained her well and that's all that matters. The problem is, there are next to no men that will ever live up to her standards. It's for sure as hell none of you sorry ass creatures will!

Boman Forklift and Sabre699 like this.
  12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

7 pages on Tail her Wiff.

Really?....

tl1098 likes this.
  13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

And all 7 pages are full up of big strong strapping studs that date centerfolds and supermodels who wouldn't be caught dead giving her a second look, let alone the D.

BigBird likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

well yeah....it's the beeb. we all beautiful and rich...duh

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

16. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Hooray! My tickets showed up. Which one of you clowns is gonna put on a skirt and be my date?

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'd lower my standard and 2XINB

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No one even said that she was ugly: just that she has no curves. It's measurable. No judgment.

She has a cute cartoon rodent thing going.

RRP and dtalbott like this.
  19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

She looked curvy in a pic earlier in this thread, what happened to her in the last 3 days? :cool::p

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Plastic surgery or Photoshop. I know she hasn't had kids, so those are the only credible explanations for that picture.