1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Al-

Al- Well-Known Member

you aren't off base on that

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:stupid: Yep, a friend who is much more obsessed with F1 than I am told me that over the weekend. I discounted him because he is a total Hamilton groupie but I accept this post as a second opinion validating that theory, which I will not tell my friend about.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

4. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

Has Mick been that bad? And if Sargent gets his Super License he gets the Williams set from what I have read/heard.

5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Are there no young talented drivers available, so they have to go to a has-been retired driver?
    He hasn't been in F1 for a few years, right? I mean, I don't follow super close any longer like some of you, but I haven't seen that name in years.
    Maybe he brings a boatload of sponsor cash.

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea that might be what's happening, who knows, but I doubt it. Wouldn't Lewis have the opportunity to let er rip also? If anything, Lewis is in a better prepared car, better team. Isn't the second driver there to help the main driver? It just shows the world that it's the car, not the driver. Look at Max now, is he a better driver than Lewis? Is it the car?

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Another who will blame anything except saying his rookie teammate is better in that car. What about last year when George got a shot? He did well enough to sign him. Bottas couldn't do it. George will be next in line to enjoy the benefit of the best car, if MB keeps improving. Who's to say that George isn't the reason the car has performed better in the last few races? I'm looking forward to next year to see George and Max fight it out.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The idea with this theory, as explained to me by my friend, is that Lewis always seemed to be experimenting with setups during Friday practice while Russell appears to be working right away towards maximum performance for the weekend.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I haven't heard a comment all year from him justifying why his teammate was faster. Granted, I often skip his interviews but the commentators would have relayed such comments, especially when they have a lot of time during free practice to discuss all kinds of topics.

This thing about the setups, so far I have only heard from people trying to explain it for him.

10. Al-

Al- Well-Known Member

He's been a reserve driver for Aston for a while, and he's got some race wins under his belt if I recall. I haven't seen Mick show more than a flash of brilliance here and there, Haas can probably get Hulk on the cheap and he should be fit and ready to rock.

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Even though I know nothing about George, I like him. I like to think he would be a good champion.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You got him confused with multiple people. He has never won a F1 race and he is not the Alpine reserve driver (Piastri was).

13. Al-

Al- Well-Known Member

you are right, he won 24hr Lemans so I was thinking of that, but he did drive for Aston F1 this year when Seb was out with Covid.

14. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Hulkenberg, most number of F1 races without a podium, all-time.

15. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Razr likes this.
  16. Al-

Al- Well-Known Member

I'm sure even Max wouldn't be putting Haas on the podium, so its worth it to them to get a proven driver that can grind out development work and fight for that precious "also ran" money

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If I'm not mistaken, they bypassed their reserve driver to call him up, didn't they? Or maybe I'm confusing it with another situation…

Either way, it was your reference to Alonso that made him think that you were thinking of someone else.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, nothing short of bringing back Senna could get that done. In the rain.

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Still might not happen.
    So....what you guys are saying is it's more of the car than the driver? hmmmm :Poke:

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not saying it would happen I'm saying he would have the best chance. That might still be 3%.