1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I briefly held and dry fired the Hellcat. It seemingly had a lot of slop/play in the trigger.
    An Apex Trigger should resolve the trigger issue.
    Why has your Hellcat been relegated to your sweaty gym bag?

2. Because I like the P365XL and the Canik TP9 Elite SC better. Those are my primary EDC's.

They are both more accurate, fit my hand better, and have better recoil for faster follow up shots. I like the little Canik the best for EDC, but it is a little bit thicker than the P365. So it depends on what I am wearing. During the winter I will carry the little Canik all the time. In summer it is the P365XL.

I have the Compact XD-M Elite OSP which is a great gun also, but I don't like how the Hex Optic isn't "shake awake". All of my other ones are.

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Does anyone else picture GG's closet? Every pair of pants or outfit has its own holster and gun attached to it, like a display at the local gun shop. Then each outfit has a huge trunk full of the corresponding ammo for each outfit.:flag:Probably around 20' wide.

4. I can neither confirm nor deny the accuracy of that. :D

5. speedluvn

I’m definitely upgrading to the shake awake feature.

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It definitely speeds up the process of gun readiness. One less thing to activate.

7. For sure.

You could turn it on before putting it in the holster and it "should" stay on. But if you sit perfectly still for a while, like dinner or a movie or some shit, then it might turn off. Then if you need it, no red dot.

That's just one thing I don't want to have to worry about. So for me that is a deal breaker. I could change the optic, but I have 6-7 other optic ready EDC guns I can choose from instead.

8. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I picture it more like the gun sommelier and gun room in John Wick 2.

Jedb, Razr, speedluvn and 1 other person like this.
  9. speedluvn

The entire concept of the "John Wick lifestyle" has blown me away! Many of the events that occur in the series of movies are over the top. I cant wait for John Wick 4

10. archrider

archrider Active Member

Holster question for those of you that over half the year wear gym clothes daily, what are you using for EDC holster? I have a Crossbreed Modular Belly Band, but I am having a hard time with longer time periods and comfort, plus I do not feel like it holds overly tight to the body.

11. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

One thing I'm eager to try is using a red dot on a pistol with no dot... lol I know it sounds ridiculous but hear me out. On my AR pistol, I have an Eotech red dot and magnifier. Fantastic optic, easily my favorite on the market. But they have notoriously short battery life compared to the competition. So I wondered - shit hits the fan situation and my optic dies, can I still use it as efficiently with no dot and just centering the box on the target. Tested it and sure enough at high speed, the difference was negligible. Now I want to try the same with a pistol.

12. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

The Phlster Enigma seems to be a popular option, though I haven't tried one.

It may be the perfect gift for the gun-toting nudist in your circle of friends.

13. Most of mine have raised sights, so if I had to, I could still utilize the sights through the red dot glass.

14. I have had good success with these two:

The Original Belly Band - UnderTech UnderCover

Sport Tuck Belly Band Holster | Alien Gear Holsters

But I don't use their holsters. Their holsters feel too big and bulky. I use a smaller holster than only utilizes one of the loops, and I had to trim a little off of it to accommodate the optics.

15. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Due to the way a rifle is held against the body with 4 points of contact I can understand what you are saying. Now with a pistol and only 2 points of contact as a reference, I don't think it will work nearly as well.

16. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

the time it takes me to look through the RDS to the back up irons and aim, I might as well run for cover and go grab an AR. I also don't shoot enough right now so I'm sure it could be way faster

17. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

You could also go to the Holosun. Same reticle as the EoTech and battery is solar.
    I have Holosun on my HK94 and my MP5. LINK
    I have EoTech on 3 of my ARs.
    functionally same reticle.

Rifle version
    https://holosun.com/index/product/item/cid/14.html

18. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I really like the Holosun 510 on my AR pistol. As you said, functionally the same reticle as the EoTech but with much longer battery life.

I see it in the same vein as the Canik. Yes, the EoTech is better on paper, just like a $2,500 pistol may have a better trigger than the Canik. But when you take cost into consideration, there's a distinct advantage to the Holosun/Canik. For me, the Holsun/Canik is better than I will ever be anyway, and at home defense distances, more than good enough.

Jedb likes this.
  19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Eotech and Aimpoint are way over and beyond what any civilian needs. Nobody is diving with their optic.

And I own an Eotech. :flag:

20. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

[​IMG]

Installed a folder and the Vickers Blue Force sling.

Sabre699 likes this.