1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Interesting - my brother is actually coming down this weekend with his family, and I have 115, 124 and 147 so always up for an experiment. We're planning on some range time so I'll ask him to bring the Hellcat and give it a go. . .

2. motorkas

Copied and pasted into my phone, thank you!!! (but it must be said, everything you just wrote is why I grit my teeth thinking about them. . .:D). Had to sand down my AKV mags because they were also tight. . .wasn't that bad. . .going to do some research on polishing the feed ramp, havent dont it yet with any of my PCC's but thanks for the tip!

Don't know if you saw this, but came across it while looking for the parts I would need for them. . .

https://atlanticfirearms.com/mke-mp5-magazines

3. motorkas

That Staccato keeps coming up with my gun guys thread - my friend who really wants it is hoping that the prices will come down like everything else but almost on a daily basis he's linking something about them. . .it's piqued my curiosity because I dig 1911's and always wanted one in 9mm but most of the rounds right now are being spent on sorting out the carry situation. I was honestly looking at the TP9 SF elite already. . .:crackup:. Have to get to the gun shop to handle the TX22 so I'm pulling out the Elite SC and SF elite as well. . .The thing I both hate and love about Caniks is that I can justify getting both because of how inexpensive they are. There's really that much difference between the SC and the Hellcat? Already bought that band thing after seeing your post about it. Nothing's better than having someone who's OCD as fuck doing product testing and then not afraid to give their opinions about it. . .thanks again!!!!:D

Gorilla George and Jedb like this.
  4. motorkas

The 503's have the same reticle as well. . .these just came in for the new buys yesterday. . .found that ebay is the best for buying them.

IMG_3559.jpg

Run them on both rifles and subs and love em. . .there's an Eotech on the AK in the back. . .but every other red dot in there is a 503. . .Holosun really changed the game. . .:bow:

IMG_3558.jpg

Gorilla George and Jedb like this.
  5. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

That safe picture is going to cause GG to punt a puppy.

Nick_OMC and Gorilla George like this.
  6. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Let us know the results.
    Let me know your opinion of the Hellcat trigger?

7. motorkas

He loves animals too much, I dont see him punting a puppy over the mess....but definitely an eye twitch or two is possible...:crackup:

They all get treated like red headed step children (except on the insides)....

The bolts are a different story, they stay tucked in upstairs under my bed....I wont allow them to even mingle with the step children....:D

C64EB4B6-E64D-432C-BA1C-AC39ED308DA5.jpeg

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. motorkas

No doubt man.... Talked to him already tonight and told him to bring it so it's on....Im really curious...if it calms down the Hellcat, should do the same for the baby Canik (and I know that trigger's great without even shooting one:D!!!).

speedluvn likes this.
  9. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

If you are storing those beauties in the Pelican case, make sure you put some dessicant in there. I have seen many a rifle get lost to rust storing in a case like that.

Triple X likes this.
  10. :crackup:

Glad I could help. :D

Between the Canik TP9 Elite SC and Hellcat...absolutely. It is a world of difference.

The SC feels like a full-size (or at least mid-size) gun that they somehow made EDC-able. It feels much larger than it actually is, is more accurate and doesn't have half the snappy recoil the Hellcat has.

IMO, they are so different that they aren't even comparable. I'd choose the little Canik over the Hellcat any day. Throw a Holosun on it and youve got a kickass EDC.

11. [​IMG]

12. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I’ve gone through a handful of EDC. What is good about the ones that don’t make the cut is they are good stash guns for those small inconspicuous places. And as the EDC revolving door continues I will have to shoot a canik soon. Have held many but never shot one.

13. That is exactly what I do. :D

The ex-EDC's end up in gym bags, lodged under sinks, etc.

14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I know you've talked about this gun before but remind me again what it is.

15. redtailracing

What is the gun in the front on the left side? And for matter, if you feel like sharing, what all in it that collection? Looks like a fun variety. If my eyes are to be trusted, looks like maybe a DP12, an AR of some variety, an AK, and maybe the Hi-point carbine? Most of which are fitted with the same muzzle device as a suppressor host - YHM? I'm probably wrong on that one but that was the first thing that came to mind.

16. redtailracing

*Drool, that stock is gorgeous. What are these chambered in? And what's the NF scope? Love me some NF optics.

17. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

9mm PCC from Masterpiece Arms, (actually I think it’s from some smaller shop they bought out that makes some of there pistol stuff)

18. redtailracing

Oh wow, that looks like quite a barrel and brake for a 9mm. How long is that barrel?

19. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

16 inches

20. Dillonjohnson

Dillonjohnson Well-Known Member

20D0A3DD-C3C5-4EE9-8C16-9F7341AE2ABD.jpeg By far my favorite rifle to shoot

418 and Gorilla George like this.