1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Superbikes at Alabama | Barber Motorsports Park | Sep 23-25

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Yall need to ask yourself one simple question. WHY is there an age limit at all in JR cup? Even if we disagree about what that limit should be, WHY does MotoAmerica have a limit at all?

Answer that question and you all will be much less confused by my opinion.

Sudowoodo likes this.
  2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

at what age exactly, does one go from being a "junior" to not a junior.. at 54 yrs old, ALL of these racers are junior in my eyes :) I see this argument going the way of a dead horse. Fact remains, the rules are the rules. And he followed em.

I personally, shake my head more at the 750 gsxr being allowed in ss, even knowing the way it has to be restricted. But show me one racer that went from a 600 to a 750, even under the rules, that had an average WORSE finish after getting on the 750 ? there aren't any that i'm aware of.

TLR67 likes this.
  3. MELK-MAN

so now a 27-28 yr old competing against younger racers, is the same as a GUY, that "transitioned to a female", so he can compete against women... this thread has officially gone off the deep end. apples and oranges my friend. (my opinion of course) :)

4. Dragginass

Maybe we can all agree on this:

There should either be:
    1. No age limit at all for small bore cup

2. Limit Jr Cup riders to 21 years of age.

And either one would be fine.....

tophyr likes this.
  5. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

At least having a near trans senior citizen winning the championship will bring this discussion to the folks calling the shots. If we are talking about it, so is Wayne Rainey and JRP and Valentino Rossi

6. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I think we've come to the conclusion that your opinion is wrong in this situation.

7. Dragginass

Unfortunately for you Im not alone. Answer why there is there any age limit at all in JR cup?

8. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Isn't there an age limit for all classes?

Maybe MA determined these age limits because after that number, they think there is too much of a disadvantage compared to younger riders?

Somebody mentioned the "Jr" in Junior Cup could be in reference to the bikes being small, which makes sense. Like Twins cup are for twins. Stock 1000/SBK ect all refer to the bikes, not the riders.

9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

You're contradicting yourself all over the place.

You're ok with up to 21??? 18 and over are considered adults so I don't understand...

I get it, its your opinion, I just am trying to understand your opinion. I find it difficult.

bleacht likes this.
  10. Dragginass

21 is just 2 years beyond a teenager. I'd also be ok if they capped it at 18 or 17. I was just making the point that MA seems to be floating strangely in the middle of those 2 scenarios.

The fact is that MA saw it fit to put an age limit on the class. The WHY behind that rule answers all of our questions.

11. Dragginass

So then why is the limit for JR cup lower than the others?

12. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

he dont wanna race jc, he did what he had to do. be real and give the buhl some props for surviving.

malamute likes this.
  13. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I do agree that the class sits in kind of a "half-measure" territory.

The class clearly did start out with the "get kids started" mentality. But as @Mongo and many others have pointed out, MotoAmerica itself isn't the place to "get kids started". NATC and the Ohvale Cup fill that role better while still being a traveling series (and club racing fills that role best because it allows a smaller initial investment than any of the other three).

MA eventually came to something of the same conclusion, and raised the age limit for the JRC.. but yes, they haven't really committed to either identity for the class. It's still titled "Junior", and has an outlier age limit. But it's clearly a real class, with real competition.

So I do definitely agree with @Dragginass that the class occupies a weird space.

Sudowoodo likes this.
  14. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

nope

15. drop

drop Well-Known Member

So what's the word on someone sabotaging some of the lesbian cup I mean build train race bikes? Word is out that someone had been fucking with them.

16. MELK-MAN

why not have an age limit for this class? many agree there should be one, you simply don't agree with the age limit for this class. why should it be 21? how is this your magic number?

17. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

1-800-MotoA for answers:)

18. rapidzrx

rapidzrx Well-Known Member

Big differance between a 28 yr old -47yr old & a 14yr old -28 yr old Two men vs a man & a child.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  19. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Where do I sign up for that? I've been dealing with a bulging disc impinging on a nerve for the last month. Hell, I'd take being 40 again.

20. rapidzrx

rapidzrx Well-Known Member

Move up!