1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Superbikes at Alabama | Barber Motorsports Park | Sep 23-25

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 20, 2022.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Watching superbike now, petrucci apparently has a penalty but I was multitasking and didn’t catch the reason. Jump start?

edit: just heard pridmore mention that it was a jump start.

2. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

3. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Looks like MotoA reversed the penalty for Petrucci after an appeal. Video evidence on Twitter makes it look pretty clean cut, so I’m not sure why Petrucci was punished in the first place?

418 likes this.
  4. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

I went to comment on MAs Facebook post about this and “poof” gone

MELK-MAN likes this.
  5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Did anyone ever say what happened with the tytlers bikes in stk1000?

7. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

That 5 second penalty was bullshit, he barely moved and got no advantage, I hope they reversed it. I usually don’t like rain races but it would be fun to see him try to beat Gagne in the wet tomorrow.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  8. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Big part of him going to Ducati was he didn’t have a ride for 2022.

9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Superbike Race 1 was a snoozer. I bought the pass for the last round to see the finale. Ducati just has nothing for the Yamahas.

10. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Has anyone put Kayla on a 600 yet, because that kid can race? She's not just fast, she can mix it up, and cleanly. Those outside passes were money.

11. rapidzrx

rapidzrx Well-Known Member

Is it raining?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She is fine progressing as she is right now, Dave is being smart.

13. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

she's got a kraemer so she's well versed on a middleweight bike. it probably makes no sense putting her on a 600 right now.

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I haven’t watched the last 4-6 rounds. It is nice reading here how well Kayla is doing. I think the last round I watched she kept coming up the inside and passing everyone in a 90 degree left hander, extremely impressive, and it sounds like she has gotten better!!!

Great for the sport and I am happy for her and her family.

15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Traveling and haven't seen the results of the juniors yet. How did Max do? And kick ass Kayla

16. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

damn fawn running parallel to track between turns 12 and 13, scary during super sport warm up luckily got off track and they red flagged session for a bit

17. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Max 9th. Got behind the 8ball qualifying. Had a fall down during q2, but nothing major. He is pissed at his self and will improve today.

18. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Herrin skipped SSP warmup?

EDIT: OK they said he had a mechanical

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  19. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Oh I'm not trying to rush her, and I 100% agree with the trajectory her Dad has had her on since the beginning, just wondering if they've done any testing on a 600. Not saying she should jump straight into SS, just curious how she'd do on one at this point. A lot of fast junior cup kids plateau when in middleweight bikes or bigger. Tyler Scott and Rocco seemed to have adjusted, I'm betting Kayla will as well.
    Whatever her future path is, I wish her the best.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  20. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Very cool award for Kayla just now, if you're watching live!