1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racing in Upstate NY, CSBK

Discussion in 'General' started by HoyaXC07, Sep 17, 2022.

1. HoyaXC07

HoyaXC07 Well-Known Member

The Army wants me to move to Fort Drum, NY. I heard it snows there....

Anyway, how's the racing scene way up north? Anyone here race with CSBK? Looks like the closest tracks are in Canada.

2. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Pittrace is 6.5 hours and NJMP is just under that.

3. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

Calabogie!

cha0s#242 likes this.
  4. Kneedragger34

Kneedragger34 Member

Nyst. No racing but a good track. It's about 2.5 hrs from syracuse

5. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Yep. You have Calabogie and Shannonville closest

6. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

There is no racing there unless you do roundy round car stuff. Lived there for 20 years until 2011. Used to sneak on to Drum to ride our dirtbikes before they would shoot you for it. Beautiful rural country, but a shithole otherwise. Poverty, drugs, the usual stuff.

We used to cross into Canada to race Shannonville, Mosport and the other Canadian tracks.

When you could count on the snow snowmobiling was an awesome winter alternative, but they don't get the snow they used to, so that can be a real waste of money.

Oh yeah, the DOT salt soup they use on the roads will turn your vehicle into a rusty pile of swiss cheese in two years, so if you have a vehicle you care about, plan on buying a beater and storing your other one.

Again, I love the country, but the lack of economic opportunity and the cost of living mean I will NEVER go back. Your experience may vary.

7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

What? They gave you a choice? My how things have changed.....:rolleyes:

dtalbott likes this.
  8. yuengling910

yuengling910 Loose Cannon

NEMRR at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Looks like about 6 hours from you.

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'm an hour north of Fort Drum, 7 miles from the border. Shannonville's the closest track but they have new owners and apparently they can't get along with anybody so I don't even think they're racing bikes there at the moment. I raced there 10 years but now with their dictator and all the stupid covid bullshit to cross the border I'll never be going back over.
    You basically need to drive to NH or PA.

10. HoyaXC07

Thanks all. I can't imagine towing six plus hours to race regularly. Might have to dust off the passport.

Anyone ever raced at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park? Looks super fast.

11. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

yeah...since the early 80s.Fun track but some consider it dangerous

12. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

13. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I cross regularly into Quebec to visit the Wife's family. They don't ask for anything anymore, including vaccines or tests. No masks anywhere except public transportation, FWIW. Every time I'm up there I'm like "where are the tracks around here?"

We have a Quebecer on here somewhere- paging Alex Coelho- can't remember his name on here.....

14. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

Not much bike racing at MOSPORT outside of the CSBK mid-Aug event. A number of trackdays though.

15. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

I was stationed at Ft Drum for 6 years.
    Actually 3 at Griffiss AFB then 3 at Drum.
    I used to go too Loudon in NH.
    Pocono was the next closest.
    Also did the southeast stuff when I got bored of the same track.

16. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

The Quebecer right here :D

So I did Shannonville (Super-Series) this season and the new owners are all up for improvements, to the track and willing to listen to the racers when they have constructive criticism.

The beauty of Shannonville, is that you have 4 layouts with in one facility. So every round is different. Can't say the same for Calabogie, although a wicked track but shitty for fans that can only see 3 options for corners.

Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (old Mosport) has no racing except when the CSBK goes there mid August.

Quebec as decent tracks but no more racing, since they are SO SMALL.

CSBK does 3 tracks in Ontario, one in Nova Scotia (Shubenacadie) and that has been it for the past 3-4 years.
    Their are rumors that they'll be heading out West in 2023. Remains to be seen.

Also 2023 will bring a new tire manufacture to sponsor the series... Bridgestones. Good riddance Dunlops !!!

If Shannonville, is a decent travel time for you, I'd suggest Super Series !

If you have any further questions, feel free !

A little sneak peak of the Pro Track layout at Shannonville: On board with Vincent Wilson
    Sneak peak of Shubie in Nova Scotia: On board with Alex Coelho (me)
    Calabogie 2015
    Mosport 2015
    Edmonton, Alberta 2015

If you want more clips, just ask.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  17. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

VRRA has vintage racing there also in August, usually the weekend before CSBK.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  18. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

That's right, forgot about them.

19. HoyaXC07

Thanks Alex! Shannonville isn't too far from Drum, might be where I race

How does CSBK compare to Moto America? Looks like they have expert and amateur similar to club racing. I'm a "slow expert" but if I only get to race once a year maybe that's the goal.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  20. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

If you do vintage, the USCRA runs at Loudon and Canaan Motor Club, about ten miles east of Lebanon, NH. It's a real fun track for small bikes, and we have a decent number of NEMRR riders, including the Doucettes, who run with us there. USCRA runs a Formula Twins class and Formula 400 class for new bikes. They get two races per day as they don't have a bump class.
    Noise limit is 96 dB, management reserves the right to black flag thumpers even if the meter says they are quiet enough.