MotoAmerica | Superbikes at Pittsburgh presented by LaRoche Aviation Services | Aug 19-21

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 16, 2022.

1. drop

drop Well-Known Member

No. But racing at Daytona in the 200 in the new gen rules package on a built ass r6 running "supersport" should have kept him from cherry picking the class.

418 likes this.
  2. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

And I'm telling you he's not; those kids are cold-eyed hunters on track. They know how to follow, study, stalk, pass, and lead as well as anyone here.

Maybe not half, I am not privy to the personal details of the grid, but he's a grown-ass man fighting with barely-pubescent teenagers. In virtually any other competition aspect in the world, that comparison gives him a massive physical advantage - but in this one, it's the opposite. Ben Spies was described as "huge" for a GP rider, and he was under 150lb iirc.

3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Daytona age limit is 16. Most of the Junior Cup participants are eligible to enter. It's not Cody's fault they didn't.

All you guys thinking Cody has some inherent unfair advantage over the other competitors in JC need to actually go race against some 14-18yos on equipment they're familiar with. You will very quickly understand.

4. 418

418 Expert #59

Michael Hill does a bang up job with his segment.

MELK-MAN, Triple X, TurboBlew and 2 others like this.
  5. drop

drop Well-Known Member

That dude is awesome. To bad he is done for, for the year.

MELK-MAN, tl1098, 418 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I need some drama this morning. Wheres @Yzasserina ??

G 97 likes this.
  7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

:crackup:

You sure are a troublemaker now that Rossi isn’t running around in last place with you and @motion cheering him on!!!

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Roger’s awesome.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  9. 418

418 Expert #59

Sir, you can't park there. Screenshot_20220821-123131_MotoAmerica Live+.jpg

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's bait, right? Gotta be. :D
    It would be funny as hell if all the kids called him "uncle Cody" in interviews, though. :D
    :crackup::crackup::crackup:

418 and Boman Forklift like this.
  11. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

12. 418

418 Expert #59

I don't think there was contact there. Disappointed for Hayden but that was just hard racing.

EDIT: Well, apparently there was....

13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

The upper age limit in JC is the same as Moto3.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  14. ChampC

ChampC Member

Ahhh idk how I feel about that Corey A pass. Stellar race all the way through but think he could've gotten through cleaner

418 likes this.
  15. This was the first year I encountered a problem at our events I hadn’t considered. The future need to swap out adult coaches with kid coaches because it’s a challenge for them to keep up. It’s a very real disparity and this next generation of youths hasn’t even hit the big track yet. Moving forward the coaches will need to be pros or certified MiniGP coaches. No dog in this fight, just my opinion based upon my infield experience.

Boman Forklift and tophyr like this.
  16. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

The current rules structure is to fill the grids not put on the highest quality event. How many factory teams are in moto American?

MELK-MAN and G Dawg like this.
  17. 418

418 Expert #59

You have to have filled grids to have a high quality event. o_O

What are you actually trying to say?

18. 418

418 Expert #59

Rogers resting bitch face is on point. :crackup:

MELK-MAN, Suzuka_joe and G 97 like this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Non Junior Jr.Cup up next. :D

G Dawg and 418 like this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

It’s awesome.