1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

2. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

R1M370 and auminer like this.
  3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Nice Data.

TX...Avg $662 loan payments $1 in the nation. Everything is bigger in TX.
    DC...Small sample size coupled with the lower income are skewing the numbers up. Its not representative of the country.

BigBird likes this.
  4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

A failing social program prescribed by certain individuals....

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Amen to that.

YamahaRick likes this.
  6. auminer

Yep, that fits the definition quite well. I've never counted on a penny of it, OR inheritance. So far I haven't been disappointed by that mindset on either count.

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

FOMC meeting starts today....

Guesses?

+.75% is expected since that was the last increase. Will they shock the system with a 1%??

8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Couple thoughts on the used car market-

I just bought a 2012 Venza that had been sitting on a lot for 3-4 months in which time they dropped the price from $12K to under 9. I'm sure the average buyer was scared of the 224K miles on it, but the thing is a loaded XLE V6 from out west ( a rare rust free car here) and looks good and runs perfect. Seems like a lot of the cars and trucks I've looked at have already been dropping in price.

How much does a co-signer factor into getting a loan (and at a good rate)? My wife just signed for her son and got him a 4.9% 5 year loan on $20K, he's 26 or so and has ZERO credit history and a pretty spotty work history. Incidentally...the car is a 2012 Sequoia that my wife sold him. Let's just say that Sequoias are still holding their value...

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

At least now he is well on his way to building a good credit history.

YamahaRick likes this.
  10. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I wouldn’t be surprised if they went up +5% or more. People are still spending money. They have to force a recession if they don’t want the financial system to completely explode

time for hard assets boys. I’m sticking with btc, land, gold.

auminer likes this.
  11. auminer

I liked your post when it said 1.5.

Not that they'll do it, but it is eventually going to have to happen.

Dammit, quit editing your post! Silver... Not gold.

5% is probably going to take too much skin off with the band-aid.

cortezmachine likes this.
  12. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

yeah 1.5 is likely…. Only because they’re hell bent on denying we’re headed off a cliff. 5%+ is what’s needed I should have said

13. auminer

Probably more than that even. The tried and true method of quelling inflation is to raise the interest rate above the inflation rate. Since we keep on lying to ourselves about what the inflation rate even is, it is gonna be a hard trick.

14. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

:confused:

SteveThompson, Rebel635 and auminer like this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

The vig on physical is fucking outrageous right now. 20-25% or more (saw some AU with a 50% markup for non-numismatic).

I’m buying soap and Cheez-Its. :D

SuddenBraking likes this.
  16. auminer

17. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Btc is a store of value against the dollars inflation. Especially now that the crypto bubble has popped and regulation is coming.

I know I know…. I’m stupid

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

What are we supposed to think when you say...

"time for hard assets boys"

followed immediately by...

"I’m sticking with btc"

BigBird, Boman Forklift and Rebel635 like this.
  19. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

The sec says Btc is a commodity. Along with everyone else. Anyway I’m not using it as an investment for to the moon gains. Just a s
    Hedge against the dollars inflation. I’m slowly gathering investments in small cheap midwestern land plots, studios in high travel/tourist areas that I can airbnb/rent, and in coin/metal

Oh and guns. Lots of fucking guns.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
    pjdoran likes this.
  20. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

what is 50 guns gonna do that 2 and a backpack of mags won't do if you gotta skedaddle off somewhere in a hurry? seems like a bad investment (another one). i wouldn't say the air bnb one is (yet), but people are pushing that into "better off just going to a hotel" in a lot of places along with communities and home owners getting tired of it ruining their vibes/markets. i'd expect some regulations to come down at some point here in the future which make me nervous about snatching up stuff for air bnb as opposed to just rentals.