1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid-Ohio Information

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Jun 24, 2004.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Sean,

Is it safe to assume that a normal WERA "credit" isn't applicable since this is being put on by the AMA?

'Danks.

2. BlueWhiteByU

BlueWhiteByU New Member

Thanks, that's what I thought....

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, we'd prefer you saved the WERA credits for a full on WERA race (just use it at Grattan).

4. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

Sean,

Question... I see "national" classes and "premier" classes. I was planning to do TGR National Challenge so that I can race the NC races AND Suzuki Cup this year. If I enter these races, do they count as a "National Challenge" race and allow me to race at the GNF?

I appreciate your answer on this as my business has me working my ass off and if I can kill two birds with one stone that weekend, it would be great. Also, I think this would get a couple of more guys to go from Texas.

Marcus

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Glad to hear business is good but it's not a part of the National CHallenge Series, those are the AMA Sports names to designate some classes as more special.

6. crzyone33@aol.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

while we are on the topic of the gnf

If I enter the 8/1 race at Summit will I qualify for the GNF>? I am also racing at mid-ohio?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mid-Ohio has nothing to do wiht the GNF other than you're earning points.

If you enter and run any National Challenge Series class at any WNC round you will be able to run that class at the GNF.

8. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

Is Tuesday and Wednesday's practice organized like a WERA weekend? Five groups? Two sessions per group?

9. SMcIntyre

SMcIntyre Active Member

PRE-ENTRY DEADLINE

Just a bit of a reminder everyone, the pre-entry deadline is tomorrow so I figure you might want to see about getting that faxed, registered online or postmarked by tomorrow. If you fax it in over the weekend, I'm not going to be a big stinker about it and still give you the pre-entry rate but I do believe the web will automatically change over to the post entry rate so faxing might be your best option if you're hoping to save a few bucks.

I'm out of town till Tuesday and you'll have to forgive me for that as I'm at the amateur nationals for Dirt Track in Springfield, Illinois right now (bad timing, I know, but it's not me I swear). I am checking voicemails daily however and a few of you in here know I am returning phone calls as soon as possible although I still have a couple more to make so don't worry if you are waiting for me to call you.

Also, the HOST HOTEL rate of $55 night is on hold until July 5th so you might also want to consider giving them a call if that is the route you intend to take for accomodations. Contact the hotel directly at 419-756-6670 and it's the AmeriHost Inn at exit 169 off of I-71.

If you have any questions either email [email protected] or leave a voice mail at 800-262-5646 ext. 1345.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

10. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

thanks for the info, stephani.

11. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip Stephani!

I tried registering online on early Friday evening (7/2) and it was already charging the "post entry" rates, so I'm sending it in via mail. ( I know I shouldn't have waited till the end, but thats me)

Be sure to give your web publisher some grief for me :(

12. lfg929

lfg929 Well-Known Member

Hey, yeah, thats it. It charged me too much too! I really did come in on the 2nd to register. Your server clock must have been off... ;)

13. SMcIntyre

SMcIntyre Active Member

NO WORRIES!

I don't know why they changed the rate so soon, but don't worry, it doesn't charge your card right away. The entries get plugged into a database to be printed out and manually charged by a person in the accounting department. We are back in the office on Tuesday and I will catch everything that came in over the weekend and make sure they are charged correctly. Yes, I did say over the weekend so if you still need to enter and want the pre-entry rate fax or sign up online and you'll be okay. ;) If for some reason one sneaks through and gets charged let me know and I'll get it credited. I will not accept anymore pre-entries after Tuesday so get it done.

Any questions, just email me [email protected]

Hi Larry! :D

14. lfg929

lfg929 Well-Known Member

Thanks Steph. See you next week at Mid-Ohio if you are going to be there.

15. slowohioboy

slowohioboy Well-Known Member

Will we get some sort of confirmation that our entries were recieved? I sent mine in earlier, and just wondered if I should get info in the mail. I entered the AHRMA stuff after sending in my entries and have their letter already. Just wondering.

16. Eck

Eck Older, wiser, but still addicted to roadracing

Who's planning on 'roughing' it and camping at Mid-O? I will mostly likely be by myself unless there's and act of G@d and some beautiful girl decides she wants to tag along. So in other words, I'll be looking to hang out with someone ;) :beer:

--Eck

17. slowohioboy

slowohioboy Well-Known Member

I'll let you know when you submitt pics of the Beautiful girl:D

I'll be there all week, Starting friday of vintage weekend.:beer:

18. lfg929

lfg929 Well-Known Member

I haven't decided yet. Home is only 50 minutes away and last year I just drove up every day. If it isn't so hot that you melt to your tent at night then I might consider staying over, or possibly getting a room someplace.

19. yamahaareone

yamahaareone Well-Known Member

If I am unable to see the race(s) at Mid-Ohio directly from the track itself, where might the next best place be to observe the action?

20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member