1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica at V.I.R.

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott S., May 13, 2022.

1. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

You, may get to see all the races, and have had minimal issues. Others, have had many issues and haven't seen all of the races.

Until that percentage increases substantially, I'll stick with my original comment.

KneeDragger_c69 and 83BSA like this.
  2. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Live+ works well. MotoGP, while arguably *slightly* more reliable, is barely so. Live+ is a great value and a great way to support American roadracing.

SundaySocial and cav115 like this.
  3. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I'm not sure the complaints you see here are representative. I have had no issues. I don't usually watch live (usually watching the recordings in the evening) but watched live all day yesterday via phone with no issue. Even though the price did go up this year, it's still a bargain for the amount of content.

Dragginass and 418 like this.
  4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Man motoamerica is getting killed on Twitter by the MotoGP reporters

5. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I just came this morning for the Jr Cup drama. There was talk that top engines wouldn't be legal and one of two opened wasn't. What about the sealed 3 and what didn't pass on Max's bike?

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I heard Big Bore, but on TDJU Max commented that it wasn’t.

fo they release tech logs or are we all in suspense?

FastByKids and Chino52405 like this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Congrats to Mr. Hayes....Wow! Giving it to those young whippersnappers. My back is just hurting thinking about that.

Great Victory!

8. Chino52405

No issues here and because of my little kids, I'm flipping from desktop, to laptop, to tablet during the day as I move around.

I only use web streaming though on everything and haven't used the Roku app in a couple years.

9. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Well who would a thunk it? Got a good tar and feather job for mentioning the JC disparities.

Was some new faces in the top five during qualifying...

Sent you a message over the weekend declining your offer. If things even up is the offer still viable? :crackup:

10. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Oh, I did enjoy the MotoA talent showing the MotoGP boys the fast way around the track. Must be the same feeling many Americans get when they go to Europe. At the end of the day, just a learning curve. Elias "Scud" had a rough go at it when he first came over also.

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I don't know what was up with the streaming yesterday but it wouldn't work for me. Nothings changed on my end, same chromebooks, same internet, wouldn't stream but I stumbled onto race 2 of the twins on Youtube, watched it live and it streamed perfectly. WTF ?

12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Live+ generally works great for me, at least by race time. Sometimes Friday and the first session on Saturday morning have a few issues. I was able to stream the races live while on the 4G cell service at the track. There was about a 5 second delay from the wired feed big screen at the track.

Great close racing in pretty much every class this weekend excluding Superbike. On Toe's Superbike note, both of the Attack Yamahas looked better than most of the other bikes going over that bump coming the front straight. I only saw one bike get really tied up on knots during SBK race 1 there, but lots of them at least got a little kick a wiggle at least occasionally. It was interesting hearing more and more traction control intervention sounds as the race went on.

I had a great time helping Ray Hoffman and Righteous Racing for the weekend and hanging out with them and the Veloce folks. Note: Jody's dad Bruce is still a key part of the Righteous Racing pit crew. Bruce and Jody have much to be proud of from this weekend. I still can't believe Jody got wiped out and then came back and won in race 2!

Monsterdood, 5axis and malik ross like this.
  13. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

A little something like that up here in Canuckstans !

14. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Euro moto journos have, for the most part, always hated everything about American roadracing and riders (barring a few exceptions).

Most of them are old enough (or have been influenced by the older ones) to remember the ass whooping our guys put on them in the '80s and 90s and their vaginas are still stinging over it...

Nathey likes this.
  15. Chino52405

It's great seeing Jody do so well. He's one of the few riders I've been able to see race quite a bit, so feels like the local hero is doing it and having fun.

rafa likes this.
  16. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

Nobody wants anybody penalized but a one brand racing series is pretty boring. What makes MOTOGP and World Superbike fun to watch is that several different brands of bike have a chance to win.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And that has what to do with a spec tire rule?

Dragginass likes this.
  18. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

Personally, I wish spec tire racing went the way of the dinosaurs.

backbone and Steeltoe like this.
  19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I don’t disagree.

But your bitch was Yamaha and Dunlop winning all the races.

Dragginass likes this.
  20. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

I heard that they were serving tea in here but all I see so far is a bunch of guys with popcorn.

Johnny B likes this.