1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Just finally ordered the AA kit, and hoping to get it before next weekend. Sure as heck reads like all these different 22lr G-conversions are hit or miss for reliability……..did you get one yet?

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'm drowning in personally once-fired brass for 5.56, .308/7.62 and .45ACP. I'm swimming in .50BMG.
    I haven't bothered saving 9mm as I'd rather not open that door of litigation, if. Even when I carry the .45, it's factory loads only, but I'd like to toy with .45 Super.

britx303 likes this.
  3. britx303

Clay may or may not be a 308 reloader looking for brass:D

4. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

G'me g'me g'me. :)

To be fair though, I have around 1000 or so 308/7.62x51 brass, not counting what I have loaded (probably another 1000 there). When I work up a load, I want as much brass of that type as possible. Right now, my loads are with 7.62x51 LC brass. Just spent a month making a sub MOA 165gr hunting round. That took some time. When I just want to make a case of 147gr high velocity "kill it within 100y" loads, I'll take whatever brass is on hand. :)

I currently have at least 10k 223/5.56 (and 9mm) just because it's everywhere at the gun club. I'll spend half my time shooting, and the other half colleting brass. Last week the local Sherriff's dept did some training there and left me a good 200 rounds of 308 brass across the open training area. Thank you!

Sabre699 and britx303 like this.
  5. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Typical primer prices, right now, are around 10 cents per. I can buy some right now, small pistol and small rifle, for roughly that; but that being Ginex or Murom. I don't remember where those are from, Serbia, Russia, Yugo, Sub saharan Africa? But they go bang, so if you're in need they are available. The American made stuff like CCI, Federal, Winchester, etc, are harder to get and a little more expensive once you factor in tax, hazmat, and shipping. Also, most sites limit you to one or two bricks (1000 ea in a brick). However, I'm seeing them more and more. I'm starting to think that the rough ceiling is around 10-12.5 cents per primer. I don't think we're anywhere near done with the components "shortage" though, as most companies are still putting their components toward complete rounds. Bullets aren't an issue, unless you're looking for specific types. Powder can be hit or miss, depending on what type you want. Some is still super rare, some is easy to come by.

britx303 likes this.
  6. britx303

CCI were the primers I was seeing. And powder……..lots of different stuff and numbers beyond my current uneducated comprehension of the subject. Really have to read up on it still:confused: That 4 letter word spelled L-I-F-E keeps getting in the way:D

7. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

I have not ordered one yet. Too many other irons in the fire right now.

britx303 likes this.
  8. britx303

Oh I hear ya loud and clear on that. We only just ordered the kit this a.m. and I’m already flipping a coin between a 26 frame or a 43 for no other reason than I saw one yesterday and knew it would be fun:crackup:……….plus running out of time.

9. britx303

If it gets here before the weekend we will test it Saturday or Sunday and will post up good or bad.:beer:

Saiyan66 likes this.
  10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Anyone know of a red dot that you can absolute cowitness with the factory CZ Scorpion iron sights?

thanks for any real world info.

m

11. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

The holosun reflex with the QD mount does NOT co witness (my brother's). . .

67336325679__09877982-BA77-46BD-810E-BB4268BB29F4.jpg

67336324242__1EFF6552-BBC6-4597-9E71-DF521BC9A288.jpg

If I had to guess, just by eyeballing, the Holosun Red dot/ Red Dot with circle (403 and 503) will co witness as they co witness with my Stribog and AKV (also, the Holosun did not co witness on the Stribog when it was mounted farther to the front, but it does co witnesses in it's current location).

IMG_8389.jpg

IMG_8390.jpg

IMG_8391.jpg

RRP likes this.
  12. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Kinda got my eyeballs on a SFx Rival at my Local Hole in the wall gun shoppe.

But, before I decide, they got some TP9 Elite Combats in today I gotta hold, fondle and maybe dry hump.

I need another 9mm like I need a Marriage License....But, heard too many good things about Canik's to NOT consider owning one.

13. britx303

Well it fires:D Only put a couple rounds in the magazine since I was testing in my back woods and didn’t want to irritate my neighbors even though they don’t mind.It did FTF on the 2nd round, but I pretty much expected something like this to happen during break in. Hopefully getting to the club range tomorrow and really run it in with unlimited time to shoot-lube-repeat. A 2nd mag with the kit would have been nice though.

14. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

i don't know shit about guns but i know this is funny
    279631054_5181219848602118_6578573106153092198_n.jpg

britx303 likes this.
  15. britx303

600 rounds sounds like 1 fun day with buddies at the range……….stockpile????:rolleyes:

wsmc42, StaccatoFan and pfhenry like this.
  16. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Keep me posted on how it runs long term. Also what type of ammo you are feeding it. .22lr stuff tends to be picky with ammo.

17. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Just keep in mind that the TP9-SFX is a long slide barrel and a damn good comparison vs. the Walther Q5.
    The TP9-Elite/Combats are more like the G19.

I've only shot my TP9-SFX, but did shoot it side by side with my buddy's Walther Q5.
    For me & my ability, the SFX wins hands down. The Q5 is good, but I'm not able to tell the marginal difference when I'm shooting it.
    Especially when the Q5 is ~3x the price of the SFX.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  18. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Would make sense since a Canik is a Walther clone based off a P99, which became the PPQ, which became the Q5.

19. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Thanks for confirming that I got a good deal on a Canik branded Walther ;-)

How's cactus life?

20. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Been crazy hectic man. Loving it here though and so glad I made the move. Funny thing is, there is a range similar to Tri-County about fifteen minutes from my house, and I still haven't been able to get out there. It's looking like life will get back to a normal schedule in the next week or two. Been able to explore a bit though and really enjoyed it so far.

Jedb and StaccatoFan like this.