Cordless tool sets?

Discussion in 'General' started by EngineNoO9, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

I beat the hell out of my Milwaukee tools regularly and they just keep coming back for more. Everything from the big boy impact to the cordless circular saw to the ratcheting wrenches to the bluetooth jobsite speaker. Couldn't be happier with their products.

sharkattack likes this.
  2. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

All of my stuff is Makita. When I purchased my first set, Makita was the big player in Supercross (Rockstar Makita Suzuki), and I was a motocrosser at the time. Gotta support the sport!

Bought an HP laptop recently specifically because of their sponsorship in Moto2. Don't think I have seen another computer brand represented in the paddock. Or at least, I can't think of one.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

4. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

5. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I am a Ryobi guy. All the tools use the same battery. They have over 100 tools all on the same battery, even their lawn and garden tools. I used to be a dewalt and porter cable guy, but I got tired of them changing the batteries. So Ryobi it is.

sharkattack and SuddenBraking like this.
  6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

but Ive seen ryobis powered by dewalt 20v batteries...lol

7. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

Hey I remember there was a lot of makita and Milwaukee fans on this thread. Anyway while looking for my latest makita addition I came across sweet deals going on with both makita and Milwaukee At toolnut.com
    In my case I was picking up the makita XWT08Z impact (the big dog) And always look for the tool only deals. Anyway it was priced right plus included a free new 5.0ah battery as well. Both makita and Milwaukee deals going on along with others.

8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Bumping this thread - Ryobi has stepped their game up with their "HP" series. I've got their 1/2" impact and hammer drill, and will get their 1,200 foot pound 1/2" impact when it comes out in the fall.

JBowen33 likes this.
  9. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

I have pretty much Ryobi everything and I love their stuff, great price and performance.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  10. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I'm all in with Ryobi too ... after Ryobi days I have about 10-11 tools and 5 batteries.

The hedge trimmer is no joke :D

11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

as someone who uses power tools every fucking day all day. Milwaukee is the best for the money. Hands down. Beat power. Best life. Best torque. Best resilience. That is of course unless you can afford snap on Matco or Mac

12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Still love my Porter Cable 20V stuff, but wanted another drill and came across a good deal at Lowes on their Kobalt 24V line- $100 off $300 on top of sale prices. Ended up getting 3 brushless drills, each with a 2 and 4 ah battery, charger, belt clip, handle, and bag for $257. Haven't used them yet, but the build quality seems very nice.

13. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

I also use them everyday and we have Milwaukee and Makita and I think makita is better myself. I used to be a dewalt fan until I got my hands on a Milwaukee which made me realize dewalt kinda sucked. Then my work picked up some makita as well and I started to like them better.

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Just used one of them, and it's nice, but one gripe- there's no bit holder on the drill itself; you have to screw on the belt clip which has a bit holder. Really don't need that or want it in the way.

15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

makita doesn’t make the kind of tools I use for vehicles

16. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

My 3/4" drive Milwaukee knocks the lugnuts loose on our semi trucks

If you're in the building trades as an electrician, plumber, pipefitters etc.....its gonna be pretty hard to beat the Milwaukee m12 and m18 platform

cortezmachine and bleacht like this.
  17. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Had to use my M18 grinder/cut off wheel this wknd to cut off (3) broken axles on some Polaris RZR's on our ride this wknd in TN. Solid steel, 3/4" thick axles....oh , and had to cut off part of my rear bumper after being asspacked by a drunken idiot at 25 mph in the damn mountains. $1000 exhaust crushed too.

I carry all that shit with me on the trails.....1/2" impact, sawzall, grinder, etc.

18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I bought a Makita combo kit recently. HD had it on sale. Never knew I had a use for cordless tools. So far, I've used each one. The vacuum gets used every time...my garage gets cleaner every day! :D
    If I ever expand upon what I have, it'll be a Milwaukee impact and multi-purpose (oscillating) tool, but that means having to get batteries and a charger, too. :(

https://www.makitatools.com/products/details/XT614SX1

I will admit they have their shortcomings and I resorted to my corded stuff on one project but, overall, the cordless are sooo handy.

YT's "Project Farm" guy sold me on the Milwaukee stuff. He does a tool bit vid also that compares brands. Interesting approach he has for his reviews on just about anything us garage types might find useful.
    I've recently come under the impression that he's a welder, can't remember where I saw it, and Britt has at least one peer. The welds were beautiful.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
  19. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

20. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

I love my Makita tools, but the best part about it now is that I have ONE style of battery/charger to deal with and not four different types.
    Much more convenient, as I now have batteries and double chargers in the house garage, the house basement and the pole barn/shop.
    I ended up selling all my other stuff and buying Makita tools as I needed them or found a good deal.
    Still have yet to find a reason for a new jigsaw.....so maybe I just don't need it.......but what does "need" have to do with buying tools? :crackup: