1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car dealer allocation

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Closest thing to an answer you'll find.

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Do androids dream of electric imaginary cars?

(Aint no way in hell mr gymrat gets this reference!!)

britx303, cha0s#242, Jed and 2 others like this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They offered him one. A 2021. It was too old.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Don't be a Dick.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  5. I have no problem with the length of the build process; I have waited as long as 8 months in the past.

My problem is the dealer doing all the paperwork, and then me going 3 months being led to believe the car has been ordered….only to find out he doesn’t even know if he can order one yet.

I have a problem with the chickenshit shadiness of it.

Tell me all the facts and be upfront about it. Then let me make an educated decision.

This game playing bullshit does my tits in.

6. Actually it was a 2022. :D

The age wasn’t the problem, it was the 2000 miles on it. :moon:

BigBird and HPPT like this.
  7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I apologize for my lack of understanding but can you translate the above?

8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

He thought this was the weird sayings thread.

9. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

@Gorilla George Similar to tits on a bull?

10. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

That's what you get for messing with that Kraut Junk. Keep the Jaguar.

11. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

My goal one day is to have problems like this :D

12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

So call the dealer, ask for the General Manager, and ask him to explain what is going on. This getting all lathered up is counterproductive, although it is entertaining. :D

13. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

You get a VIN once the order has been accepted by Jeep and passed some basic sanity checks. At this point the build is locked, no changes can be made. Fun fact, the price however, is NOT locked, that doesn't happen till the Jeep is in the actual production line and a build sheet posts.

14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

You know, probably the worst expenditure you'll have in your lifetime is an automobile. My advice is, get a car service with a chauffeur. That way you don't have all these 1st world problems dragging you down:D

15. That would require human interaction, which I try to avoid completely. :D

The last 5 vehicles have been bought, having never made a single phone call or setting foot in a dealership, until I pick it up.

I do the “Build yours” thing on the website, the dealer contacts me via email. I tell him I am out of the country and ALL communication will be via email.

They email the documents, I print/sign/scan them. Then I wait.

They send an email with pictures once the vehicle is delivered.

I punch in the address on the GPS and go get it.

It’s super easy, and with very little human interaction. :D

I would rather wait and see what his email says on the 18th, than have to call and talk to someone.

If I don’t like his email, I will tell him I am done dealing with him and the deal is off.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Chris, however you configured it, someone will pay more for an RSQ8. Audi could sell it in Russia or China 5 minutes after you canceled your order and for at least $20k more. Shit, if you ordered it in clown penis purple it’d take 2 minutes and $30k over. :D

bird, I thought I read the golf R only comes with the dsg to the us. No more manuals in it along with no more golfs at all other then the gti and r.

17. That’s true. I know if I cancel the deal, I won’t be putting them in any bind. That’s for sure.

It is more out of principle because I feel he hasn’t been completely a standup guy, and has kinda been stringing me along and fucking me around.

BigBird likes this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

And Audi dealerships are so desperate for inventory that they call me at least once a week looking to buy mine back. Price was good enough that I thought about it except I can’t find anything good to replace it with that’s available now and not way marked up price wise. Oh well, Sam likes it and she doesn’t plan on ever selling it for something else.

19. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

With one exception (Dodge Ram dealer in 2010) I can't say this is a bad move at all after an adult lifetime of unbelievably cringeworthy visits to dealerships. They really are soul-sucking pits of greed and ineptitude so for a guy like me who likes a new car every 1-3 years, it's torture.

Also, I agree with your comment in your reply to my earlier question - I'd rather pay more to someone not trying to use me as a revenue center simply for the ethics of it all, the only difference is my car budget is typically 1/3 of what your is :D

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

One thing to keep in mind: if you had talked to him after they got their allocations, there is a chance you could be too late because they had people ahead of you on their list. It sucks that he did not give you all the information (although that might have come up during a face-to-face meeting), but you may have done yourself a favor signing documents before he got the allocation.

Interest on $5000 these days isn't what it used to be anyway. Shit, if you're @motion , having your money tied up in deposits is a much better return than investing it. :D

auminer, ChemGuy and Gorilla George like this.