1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car dealer allocation

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 12, 2022.

1. So I have been dealing with an Audi dealer in Nashville on the RSQ8. The dealer close to me said he couldn’t get an RSQ8 (I assume because he wasn’t a high enough volume dealer).

We did all the paperwork and (I thought) placed the order back in November. It was a whole stack of papers, including the deal sheet (so I know what the cost will be to the penny when I pick it up; I didn’t want any surprises.

Since then, I’ve sent a few emails asking for updates on my order, and he typically responds with something like “We should have some details soon”.

Now today, I get this email (copied and pasted):

We will know on the 18th what is getting placed. We are getting allocation. Will keep you updated.

They are “getting allocation”? What the fuck does that even mean?

Is he trying to tell me that for the past 3 months, I thought my car was ordered, but he actually doesn’t even know if he can order one yet?

If that is the case, I will likely tell him to shred the deal and fuck off, purely out of principle.

Why would we go through all of that and he act like my car was being ordered, months before he even knew if he could order one?

That new Cayenne Turbo GT model is looking better all the time.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It means you still haven't managed to actually buy a car. Your experience won't be any better at Porsche...they are the same company.

Also...he's a car salesman. Did you look outside to make sure the sun was up when he said good morning?

Sabre699, 418, Robin172 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

1 800 audi USA, or email the same people

4. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I would ask how many people ordered through them, what priority you are in that list and what they think their allocation will be.

They should have been clear about the allocation process, but they might not have known if there would be limits on orders when you placed the order. Or they did and just didn’t want to scare you off too a different dealer.

5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

They are looking in the back of the safe b/c they don't remember if they ordered one or not... ;)

In all seriousness, hope it works out that they get the car from corporate.

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

Allocations for upscale models depend on a few factors such as dealer CSI scores, sales volume history, a model specifically trained tech on staff, etc.
    During my tenure in the southeast region as a Audi of America southeast region fixed operations manager I would recommend Harper Audi in Knoxville. Tom Harper and staff were always a class act.
    Audi Nashville is a Sonic dealer group owned dealer. They have their own corporate layers to navigate between you and AOA.
    Harper is a family dealer. Just my .02.
    Nashville was always a pain in my ass.

7. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

He didn’t want to break it to you, but it’s coming with white wheels. :D

stk0308, R Acree, Robin172 and 2 others like this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

Sounds like they didn't/couldn't order the car, and are getting whatever Audi is sending them.

evakat likes this.
  9. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Honda Odyssey Elite calling your name. You can get it with 24" wheels and get them powdercoated white.

#winning

Gorilla George and BigBird like this.
  10. Back when we started talking in November, he said he didn’t have any “sold orders” for any RSQ8’s. So at that time, I was the first (and only) order he had.

Don’t know about since then. But even if some others have ordered, I should still be first.

11. That’s good info, thanks for that. Now I wish I would have asked this ahead of time before placing the order (or at least trying to) with Nashville.

12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Nah, I see Chris in a Chevy.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  13. So if I am understanding all of this correctly…

I submitted the build sheet, he transferred that over to the official Audi Order form and sent it back to me, then I had to sign it and send it back.

He also created the complete deal sheet which laid out the cost of the car, taxes, Audi Care, titling, etc. I also signed it and sent it back.

In order for him to secure/place the order, I also had to give him pre-authorization for a $5000 deposit.

….and ALL of that was done without dude even knowing IF he will actually be able to get me one or not?

Unless there is something I am missing or misunderstanding about the process, that is all bullshit.

Seems to me like he would (should) have told me ahead of time that he doesn’t know about the allocation, and will get back to me when he does and we can go from there.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  14. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

What people don't say is often more important than what they do say. That is why you have to be very precise with what questions you ask, and equally precise in the response you recieve. I hope this works out for you.

Cheers,

Dave

Gorilla George and StaccatoFan like this.
  15. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Sounds like a car-hauler full of uppercuts is in order.

Gorilla George and BigBird like this.
  16. Phl218

Phl218 .

Some MF’er probably bought all the RSQ8’s when he heard that Broome wants one

:D

17. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Take a bentley apart, like 70% is stamped Audi.
    Take a Lambo apart, at least 30% is stamped Audi.
    Take a Porsche apart, like 4 things total are stamped Audi. They are not the same company.

Broome, the Audi is stupid anyways. Get the Cayenne.

Knotcher, wera313 and Phl218 like this.
  18. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Water chick won the lotto and hired PIs to follow Broome.

R Acree, auminer and Robin172 like this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

Something like this is currently happening with the Golf R.

VW is giving each dealer a Golf R, they don't have a say in the color or transmission.

Once each dealer gets one, then orders are being made. The R doesn't have any options outside of color and transmission, and maybe sunroof.

Good Luck

20. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Not sure about there, but if I pay for a vehicle and there's a signed contract in the place, the VIN should be on the contract. Otherwise you're about to be taken for a ride. Have you paid anything yet?