1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who’s Murdaughing them? They’re definitely being assassinated.

Discussion in 'General' started by Quicktoy, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

kangasj likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd agree if I could find any reliable info on what actually happened - as in what actually came out of the barrel of the gun. At this point it could be a tragic accident or full on criminal negligence or anything in between.

3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yeah I hope the forensics and local LEO are up to getting to the bottom of it.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well if nothing they have the projectile from the directors shoulder.

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Sucks for the cinematographer's family no matter what the determination may turn out to be.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I thought it hit him first, then killed the cinematographer.

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Went thru her then hit him I believe.

BigBird and Yzasserina like this.
  8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Shitty situation for all involved. I struggle to see why a movie prop gun needs to be in any way able to fire a live round? They over dub the sound, and they can add in any smoke after the fact now anyway. With almost every hollywood action movie containing gunfire surely there is a market to develop movie set specific prop guns that are 100% safe and incapable of firing anything. Yeah you might have unrealistic recoil compared to firing blanks, but you could solve that with a battery and solenoid. Even a co2 cartridge would provide enough oomph to cycle a slide and provide some recoil without being capable of firing a projectile. The engineer and machinist in me sees what should be an obvious solution to this problem.

I like guns as much as the next guy, but why does something like this even happen. I don't care where or what a gun is being used for every time it changes hands the person holding it is responsible for whats in the chamber, and where the muzzle is pointed at ALL times. Actors on a movie set SHOULD be firearm trained and 100% responsible for that gun anytime it is in their hands if they are using one in a scene.

9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

They don't, and a few directors have already said they will use airsoft guns from now on.

BigBird likes this.
  10. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

The conspiracy theorist in me, first thought was that she's from Ukraine...

kangasj likes this.
  11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I just wish Baldwin was on the receiving end.

sdg likes this.
  12. rwdfun

rwdfun

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt

There can’t possibly be a better time to use this saying than for you

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'll take that bet...

If... IF... the universe had deemed that 2 people would be shot on the set of this movie, one fatally, then bet your ass AB would be my preferred choice for dirt nap via projectile ventilation.

Apologies to @YamahaRick if that's not what he meant.

tony 340, YamahaRick and sdg like this.
  14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Anyone handling a gun is 100% responsible for handling it safely, being an actor does not resolve them of that legal obligation.
    Always treat a gun as if it is loaded, never point it at something you don't want to shoot, and never pull the trigger except when firing at an identified target. Baldwin broke all three rules which is being negligent as hell, he should be charged with felony involuntary manslaughter. Case law in NM is clear on this.
    https://lawofselfdefense.com/law_case/state-v-gilliam-288-p-2d-675-nm-sup-ct-1955/
    It could have made no difference to the trial of a charge of involuntary manslaughter as to who loaded the gun … . All that it is necessary to establish for involuntary manslaughter by the use of a loaded firearm is that a defendant had in his hands a gun which at some time had been loaded and that he handled it … without due caution and circumspection and that death resulted.

grasshopper and kangasj like this.
  15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Plenty of rubber / plastic guns are used on sets.

16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Yes, I was referring to the ones that came out and said they would only use airsoft and rubber from now on

17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I know that. You know that. Anybody who's ever had any gun training whatsoever knows that. You pick up a gun, you are now responsible for that gun. Period.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

:stupid:

It is absolutely maddening that they refer to it as a prop gun. It is not a water pistol or a chair or a Stetson hat. It is a firearm. And no one is going to absolve you of your duty of care when it is in your hand.

kangasj likes this.
  20. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

I heard a local attorney discussing the case this morning, fascinating to hear everything that will be considered from criminal and civil aspect in this scenario...