Suter MMX2

Discussion in 'General' started by Odilup, Apr 22, 2021.

1. paulbochner

paulbochner Well-Known Member

The most fun I have ever had on 2 wheels. Picked this up from arch motorcycles. Few weeks ago

Attached Files:

418, Gino230, Senna and 12 others like this.
  2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Sweet !

paulbochner likes this.
  3. backho

backho Well-Known Member

4. backho

backho Well-Known Member

Wow, what a beauty!

paulbochner likes this.
  5. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I hate you!

6. paulbochner

:D

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

She looks nice. How different is it to whatever else you have ridden? I presume it has a 600 Honda engine in it?

8. paulbochner

Ive had quite a few 600's. Most recently I had a 17 R6 that was filled with go fast and lite parts.... Its SLAYS that bike... 130HP at 308lbs.. I feel like riding an R3 with and R6 Engine... I was blessed to be able to ride one of them a few years ago with Suter and fell in love. I have been chasing this bike for a few years and trying to get it for the right price ;). Its super stiff, but an absolute pleasure. Had to get a bump starter to go with it which im getting used to... im only 5' 7" and this bike rides very tall so the bump starter is a challenge for my short ass lol. The sound of this bike is pure joy.

418, Newyork and Boman Forklift like this.
  9. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

[​IMG]

haha congrats man, that's a sick ass bike.

Newyork, Suzuka_joe and 5axis like this.
  10. paulbochner

LMFAO! I def need this!!!! Thank you!

11. Boman Forklift

Is it worth looking at putting the electric starter back in?

Years ago I had a dragbike that had such high compression I couldn't kick start it. We put an electric starter in it, and wired it with a simple relay, and I would kick it as well as push the starter button at the same time to start it. So, even if there are no electronics on the bike a small lithium battery, with a Honda CBR starter, a relay and a pushbutton somewhere up on the handle bar or triples would work. The negative is the extra weight, but it may be worth it if it makes your track day enjoyment much higher?

12. paulbochner

I may look into to actaully and you are right...... It can't take much and trust me my riding is not going to miss the 4 lbs the starter might add LOL. I rode NJMP this week with it and getting used to the starter but its def a lot of extra work on a hot day.... Def worth thinking about. I will say if you can get a little bit of a roll it starts VERY easy on a natural bump .

13. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the MMX2!

Where are you located? I wouldn't mind loaning you my Vyrus 986 for a fun little comparison of two Moto2 chassis.

EDIT: Just saw the NJMP reference. I'm in the Midwest but ya never know.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  14. paulbochner

Thanks! North Jersey. close to NY border. Wow the Vryus is Sick!!!! I got see one out in Cali a few years ago.... Keanu Reeves was riding one at button willow. such a beatiful machine.

15. Boman Forklift

I don't know the setup on a Moto2, but I assume all the starter and engagement gears have been removed? Probably the least expensive way to get what you need would be to purchase a used CBR600 backup streetbike motor and pull the starter and gears as well as possibly the stator or wherever it engages on a CBR?

paulbochner likes this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

[QUOTE="paulbochner, post: 5870380, member: 33124"Had to get a bump starter to go with it which im getting used to... im only 5' 7" and this bike rides very tall so the bump starter is a challenge for my short ass lol. [/QUOTE]

[​IMG]

paulbochner likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

+1

I'm feeling strangely happy for you. I should be jealous as hell. I'm confused. :confused:

paulbochner likes this.
  18. paulbochner

LOL. I appreciate the love greatly. I don't deserve this beast.....

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why the shit not? You could afford it, you enjoy it and you actually ride it instead of sticking it in your living room as a piece of Suter p0rn.

Newyork, Spooner, grasshopper and 3 others like this.
  20. paulbochner

Oh she's getting ridden hard (this is definitely what she said)..... I paid for this thing to enjoy it.... I spoke with Mr. Suter himself who says there are still a lot of parts and he can make me a "crash kit" so time to put some miles on it!!! Pitt Race in a week is our next stop ;)