1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suter MMX2

Discussion in 'General' started by Odilup, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Cool report back to us on your adventures with this thing. I know it is way different than your R6 based on what you said earlier. How does that translate to lap time differences?

Merging the laptime comparison with the carbon wheel thread on here, when my son and Bryce Prince were on the same team one year, they ran Carbon Fiber wheels at WERA events and stock wheels at AMA events. They could feel they were lighter in transitions but they didn't actually run any faster laptimes with the carbon wheels versus the stock R6 wheels they usually ran. Possibly that was because they had the bikes setup better for stock wheels?

The first round or two we did go back and forth between SS and SBK and they weren't any faster. After that they both only ran SBK at WERA, because they didn't want to try and swap wheels between SS and SBK and make the needed changes to either the bike or their riding markers?

2. paulbochner

paulbochner Well-Known Member

I def will. I had almost a 2 year hiatus off a bike so im struggling with that rust.....need some more time on the Suter to really give the feedback. I have had a few bikes with Carbon wheels and what you say makes total sense (the mmx has OZ wheels) With Carbon I never felt faster but I DID always feel like the bike was easier to ride, transition and turn in..... just made for less work and not really better times... ON my normal tracks.... NJMP, NYST I should see a serious improvement in lap times once im back to normal pace.... The extra HP and less weight I can fell already and riding this bike is SOOOO much easier than my R6 was. (and my R6 had 60 lbs or so off of her and some go fast parts).... I also have not received any sprockets yet so been riding with REALLY LONG gearing.....

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

+1

seriously. i aspire to be a slow ass dude in my 40's with a super awesome bike that my skill level doesn't warrant. its cool to have cool shit. only one life to live.

Gino230, evakat, Newyork and 4 others like this.
  4. paulbochner

Amen!

5. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

I now live vicariously through you. Enjoy that beautiful machine.

paulbochner likes this.
  6. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

How the hell does a CBR 600 engine make 130 HP?

Awesome bike by the way.

7. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Looking forward to Pitt SO MUCH, and to seeing/hearing the new toy.
    :beer:

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I agree, and that’s why I still want to ride a 500cc GP or Suter 5xx, hopefully before I turn 60. A Moto2 bike would be awfully fun too.

9. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

can't the Suter MMX2 be ordered with an R6 motor now? Im jelly

10. paulbochner

Hell yeah Rob! can't wait to see you guys!

11. paulbochner

Arch Moto still has 1 of 2 R6 Prototype for sale.... Suter made this when world suspersport was thinking about using the R6 motor. Pretty cool bike.... scroll down and you will see it here: http://www.suterusa.com/mmx-2-available/

12. paulbochner

Ive been trying to figure this one out myself.....its pure insanity.

13. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Are you attending the private day on June 28 ?

14. paulbochner

Yes I will be there

15. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Great,can't wait to see your bike.And be passed by it:beer:

16. paulbochner

Haha. I’m so slow and getting used to her. Make sure to say hi. I should be in the north garage.

17. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Will be in north garage also,cu there.

18. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

JBall likes this.
  19. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Hell, a stock R6 fills that bill for most of us. :Poke:

20. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member