1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2021 | Road Atlanta | April 30-May 2

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Apr 23, 2021.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

No, I was in t-10 and he was in 5th entering t-7 and in 3rd entering 10 so I assumed he drafted them on the back straight.

2. alan

alan Well-Known Member

Any news on the the guy that high sided onto the finish line straight that caused the red flag in the 2nd Junior Cup race?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  3. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Prob close to a mill.. and .10 cents worth of locktite NOT on the shift linkage..

418 likes this.
  4. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

Me too. Would have liked to have seen it and still would.

henry_carlson likes this.
  5. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

I was disappointed to hear that Robbie Floyd is back

Spooner and 5axis like this.
  6. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

It took a lot of restraint by Roger to not punch him in the mouth yesterday. I think he was at an all time bad yesterday. When he started talking about Cannabis air fresheners in his rental cars, I thought wtf is this guy talking about on "TV"...awful

Gino230 and Circacee like this.
  7. henry_carlson

I really do wonder why they employ him. he is despised by literally everyone. I did chuckle when he said soemthing along the lines of dont worry (Michael or Rog) they all hate me not you

Circacee likes this.
  8. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was cringe as fuck.

Michael Hill's legit.

rcarson15 and 23103a like this.
  9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

That is a bold statement.

My wife said “does he have a contract with MA they just can’t get out of or do they just not care?”.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  10. r1madman

r1madman Well-Known Member

Already discharged, nothing serious. Will be sitting out a few rounds... is the word I heard.

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hahaha you could have made it believable by saying top 5. :beer:

05Yamabomber and motion like this.
  12. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

There were a few times over the weekend when it sounded like he had really tried to do some research and work on being knowledgeable and I've really been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but then he would keep talking and ruin it all. The thing he does that most annoys me is when he tries to describe something about how the bike works or what a rider is thinking, then cuts Roger off from giving a real explanation. I realize he is paid to talk and dead air is bad, but why not let your knowledgeable and experienced partner help you instead of babbling on like an idiot.

13. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Linkage broke.

14. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

How many donuts do we gotta feed Greg White to cover the support classes?

15. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Was this the new grid walk/red flag interview guy? If so, I liked that guy and learned about a lot of new riders.

Senna, 23103a, 418 and 1 other person like this.
  16. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I’m just watching it now. It looks like he hit his head really hard multiple times. I sure hope he gets it good and healed before risking it again. Brains don’t take additional hits very well when they are swollen from prior hits.

r1madman likes this.
  17. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

I think the quote of the weekend came from Roger after the red flag in SuperSport when they were talking about SDKs transponder. Roger said, “I guess you don’t need a transponder when you’re out front”

18. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Here are some of my take aways from watching all of the races.
    Supersport was great to watch. SDK really moved up a notch in my book. His interviews showed some real maturity and likeability which had been lacking in the past. His racing showed the same maturity. Escalante put on a pretty good show on last years bike and was pushing it hard. I also appreciated his interviews and attitude. I think those two will put on a good show all year. The racing for third on both days was good to watch and got good coverage. I was pleased to see Smith, Lampkin, Mesa, Zayat and Landers in there mixing it up and expect as some of them get dialed in they will be able to be much closer to the front.

Stock 1000 is a really good class and I think there will be 5 or 6 guys going for the wins. Geoff May on the new Honda looked pretty good. I expect when he gets it dialed in he will be a serious contender for the win every time.

Jr cup looks to be a battle every race between 5 or 6 guys. The nose to tail close racing is fun to watch. I also like having more than Kawasaki running towards the front.

The twins class was good and before the red flag it was good to see a bunch of bikes running in a pack. I am a little concerned that when the Aprilia gets some work done and the setup right, they will be far superior to the rest of the class. It was good to see Jody Barry in the twins class as this will be a great way for him to get back in MA and showcase what he can do. I always felt he was a little underrated and equipment limited. Gino made the grid and completed both races. I predict his next step will to be in the points.

Superbike is going to be good all year as teams get their bikes set up and more track time. I expect we will see 8 - 10 different bikes on the podium this year with 4 or 5 different winners.

Now for the bad;
    Robbi Floyd is a detriment to the overall enjoyment of the weekend of racing and this issue is squarely on the shoulders of MA management. They should unceremoniously dump his ass, although a public firing would help them recover their image, put Michael Hill in the box with Roger and put Jamie Howe back in the pits like last year. Good God, Robbi just sucks.

The bagger bikes aren't that much fun to watch and they definitely need more decent entries to make it even a little worthwhile to watch. Also, having Roland Sands doing the pit announcing seems like a conflict of interest and makes it seem too much like a sideshow and not a serious race.

TL;DR - All in all it was agood show with some great racing.

19. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Easy to sound mature and not whine when you're comfortably winning races

Ducman851 and rafa like this.
  20. henry_carlson

Purely guessing but I dont think they can get rid of Rob that easy because of Michael and Jamie's availibility. Michael is done here until the Ridge and Jamie only did this past Sunday because she is a Fox announcer and it looks like she is spread pretty thin already.