1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marquez to Race Portimao.

Discussion in 'General' started by Quicktoy, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

You think he will lap that far up?

BigBird likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

Portimao is an unknown for him. don't think he'll lap the entire field.

Quicktoy likes this.
  3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

So is Marc at the test day today with Dovi? I thought I read somewhere he might be going. Is he allowed?

4. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

LCR isn’t having the best start to the year from either rider and this is AM 2nd season.

They’re probably mature enough to realize that the best thing for AM is being on a different bike than his brother. Honda put him on the Repsol bike due to Lorenzos sudden retirement and AM being the current M2 champion. If not for that he’d most likely be in Martin,Marini or Bastianini spot on a Duc as a rookie this year if he had a top 3 championship in M2.

I just don’t buy into the idea that Marc would leave Honda, or any factory, because his brother may fail to perform on the same bike. They’re different riders just like every rider is different, so are those two.

Sweatypants likes this.
  5. Quicktoy

Besides Marc and Cal, I thought the Honda’s always ran like shit at Qatar. Nak and AMaq did fairly well at Portimao last year as did Bradl if I recall. So the bike does decently there. Let’s see how they do this weekend. They both impressed me last year.

6. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I don't recall seeing any details about the state of his injury. It may never heal correctly, only he and his doctors know that. Guess we'll find out soon enough, but I think this is more serious that we've been led to believe, and he may have hit his peak. Too bad, he is an incredible talent.

7. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

And still ahead of Rossi
    :D

8. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why so many people dislike A. Marquez. I thought he did great last year. Like many have said on here before he seems like a more methodical rider than his brother and starts slow, and gets better after he wraps his head around everything. Seemed to be exactly how last year worked out. Again, I was throughly impressed with his performance last year.

I also dont get the "because his brother is MM93" sentiments. Could it have helped him get that seat, yes. Did he win all the races he has in in his career, get all of those podiums, and win the Moto2 championship because his competition decided to let him because "he's MM93's little brother"? Not a chance in hell. He's there because he's a better racer than 99.99% of racers on the planet.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Really? Are you that unfamiliar with people? :D

10. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I have nothing but respect for anybody who is good enough to ride and race a MOTOGP bike. I do get tired of people who could not even go fast enough to get MOTOGP tires up to operating temperature thinking they know everything about the sport and the riders.

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

That's me...:(...:p:D

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

4 tries on the best bike/team to win by 3 points when Binder's bike was so garbage half the year that they threw it away and started over... but sure...

i'm not gonna let you guys gloss over that as the years carry on here. he's never dominated anything. 99.99% don't matter when you gotta race against the .01% only.

13. Quicktoy

I didn’t realize he only raced against Binder. Now the way I look at his world championship is totally different. Thank you. I’ll have to go back and watch these two bike only races.

14. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

What’s your beef with Melandri?

15. Quicktoy

Stoner crashed on warm up laps too lol.

16. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

And they both beat Rossi in his "Prime" :crackup:

17. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Alex beat miller, rins, Olivera, binder to claim the Moto3 2014 world championship, just sayin..

Quicktoy likes this.
  18. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

He's dominating the Formula 40 class- what's your beef with that?

19. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

he DIDN'T beat 19 people in 2012. he didn't beat Rins or Vinales in 2013. he beat Miller by 2 points in 2014.

he had 1/5th the points in 2015 of the winner. 1/4th in 2016. lost to Morbidelli, Luthi, and Oliveira in 2017 by a large margin. had half the points of Bagnaia and still lost to Oliveira and Binder in 2018, and then the barely win. i can use Motogp.com too. not impressive for a Repsol spot. just sayin...

that's a fun game. if he was where he is right now on the team he is now, last year, i woulda said nothing. he's right where he should be, and probably will perform as such for a few years until no contract renewal, and that'll be the end of that chapter. better than most, not enough for this show.

20. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Wasn’t 2020 Alex Marquez 1st yr in the premier class?
    If so he finished ahead of all these riders : I’m thinking not to shabby ....considering all these riders are Preimer class riders?

Honda SPA 74
    15 Valentino ROSSI Yamaha ITA 66
    16 Francesco BAGNAIA Ducati ITA 47
    17 Aleix ESPARGARO Aprilia SPA 42
    18 Cal CRUTCHLOW Honda GBR 32
    19 Stefan BRADL Honda GER 27
    20 Iker LECUONA KTM SPA 27
    21 Bradley SMITH Aprilia GBR 12
    22 Tito RABAT Ducati SPA 10
    23 Michele PIRRO Ducati ITA 4
    24 Mika KALLIO KTM FIN
    25 Lorenzo SAVADORI Aprilia