1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marquez to Race Portimao.

Discussion in 'General' started by Quicktoy, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Which considering the route they've gone down might take them a while.

2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

of course. its relational to the others in the show, not to motorbike riders as a whole all over the world. he's def better than a lot of Moto3/2/GP riders too. just not Repsol good. and the fact that people on here immediately started trying to boost him last year when he had one flash of brilliance was a joke. that's all. "better than Bradl". probably. that's about where i'd place it. but yea, nobody's saying his sucks here.

3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Are you his doctor?

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

He's not totally disabled. Painkillers are a wonderful thing, at least for MotoGP and NFL players

Quicktoy likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Man, don't you get tired of spewing your same bullshit? It's been a year and you're still rolling in it, not traveling in any particular direction. There is no such thing as "Repsol good." And even if there where, which there isn't, no one has been claiming that he deserved a factory spot as a rookie under normal circumstances. You manufactured that inside your head so you can keep arguing against it. I'm not going to waste time again trying to explain how all parties were pretty much stuck with that decision. We both know you don't want to hear it. But yes, he didn't make you look like a fool last year. Just accept it. :D

Quicktoy and Robby-Bobby like this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

I don't think Pol is "Repsol good" either :D

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

It's almost like this sport is really an advertising business and "Repsol" good is up to Repsol and no one else. Just like VR46 is still the GOAT if we're talking about what's really going on, here.

crashman likes this.
  8. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

If MM wins this weekend, he's now the GOAT. But he won't, so we don't need to worry about that argument.

9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'm not making any predictions until after Q2. I hope he's not coming back too soon, and risking further injury, but I'm looking forward to it.

10. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Nope. haha :cool:

I'd beg to differ that there's not such thing as "premier team good" v. satellite team or lesser. There were plenty of people here, you included, last year... that seemed to imply he was deserving any time he breathed on a gnat's nut hair anything inside the Top 10 of practice or a race or other. All that talk about, "just let him get used to the bike, he needs time, let him have a little time...". Disagree. And its a slow day. I feel like I'll be disagreeing a few more times.

11. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Lol you also said that was the best bike on the grid and it’s not even top 3.
    Just sit down. Papa hurt you bad enough:

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

KTM satellite had more wins than factory last year. And did you check out Petronas Yamaha vs factory? I guess those guys on the satellite bikes were not "Repsol good," though. And it looks like so far this year, Ducati may be thinking that their satellite scrubs aren't too bad either.

Disagree all you want, you are not entitled to your own facts. He did get better, and showed it with results in the second half of the season. And made you look like a fool. :D

Quicktoy likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nah, man. It's the best bike out there, fit only for "Repsol good" Marc Márquez. It makes total sense.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, Pramac gets pretty much the same bikes as the factory team (maybe parts take a bit longer), the riders are paid by Ducati and they have factory techs and crew chiefs. I guess they are a satellite team but with a lot of factory support. (wouldn't be surprised if they get some PM money).

Avintia (or whatever their name is today) is a bit more independent but they still get a lot of Ducati factory support.

Petronas seems to be charged by Yamaha for every little tiny thing they get. A source of revenue for Yamaha's racing department.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

16. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

I only did a cursory read through everything, but my $0.02.

We hear about tracks suiting the Yamaha or the Ducati, but you never hear about a track being a Honda track. Doesn't matter for Marquez - he makes it work. Dry, wet... doesn't matter. When's the last time Marquez finished 8th because his tires went off? That kid is up front every single race (unless he crashes, and that's not super common come race day). Every other rider on the grid has more volatility in their finishing results. I can think of several riders that might win a race, and then they might barely break top 10 depending on any number of factors. For Marquez, there doesn't seem to be a single factor or variable that will prevent him from being a podium contender in every single race. He's somewhere between a freak and a phenom. I think Portimao is a tough one to come back to, but I think feelings will be hurt moving forward. His talent and competitive spirit won't allow him to do anything less than dominate.

younglion and BigBird like this.
  17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Zarco does. I seem to recall that Martin has the previous year (or a lesser version).

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

As of this year, both Pramac bikes are current factory spec, aren't they? Only the artists formerly known Avintia (I haven't memorized their new name yet) use year-old bikes.

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

And I think they are GP19s.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do they call this year's bike GP21, or still GP20?