1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marquez to Race Portimao.

Discussion in 'General' started by Quicktoy, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Can yall imagine the absolute murders if MM was on the Ducati, Suzuki or Yamaha? I've said for a long time that the Honda is a pile of shit that MM makes look a lot better than it is.

2. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

That’s exactly what I was thinking. That Honda needs to be ridden like a Bull at the State Fair and needs the Spurs put to it to perform at the pointy end . :D

Quicktoy likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I think he's THAT damn GREAT that, given the budget and a desire by the team, he could win races on the 2021 Aprilia.

On the Suzuki, the other teams would have to petition the UN to declare it a war crime for what he'd do.

4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

This is fantastic.

5. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

The little Asparagus has been able to make the Priller get around pretty well. I don't think that bike is a bucket of shit. Wish Roberts would have taken the leap and threw a leg over that thing.
    Dovi's test next week should be interesting.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The new Aprilia seems to be a huge leap over the previous bike. Now, I just think it needs a budget to make it a podium bike.

Do I think Asparagus is the rider to take it there? I don't know, tough to even speculate.

I'm okay with Roberts staying in moto2. I think he gained a lot of respect with the other teams by not breaking his contract but then again, respect does not get you a second chance at the brass ring.

7. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

I guess I’ll be getting up early next Friday morning.
    1E06BDA5-7493-4542-A36E-14C6B8223669.jpeg

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

When the visor goes down.. racers race.

He's under 30 without kids....I think he may crash less, but he's going for the win when Sunday rolls around.

~sent from mobile

9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Top 10 first race, top 5 second race, podiums going forward.

Quicktoy likes this.
  10. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

With that statement... there goes your 3 rd WERA Fantasy MotoGP Championship.. you are now the Rossi of Fantasy MotoGP :crackup::crackup:

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  11. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I've got drinks that it'll take him two races to get on the podium

12. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

That's if the bike isn't total trash. Keep in mind he was unable to help test or develop the bike last year. His brother and Bradl were doing the testing.

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I give him a top 10... barely. Anyone think he's going to win want to do a $25 AFF bet?

14. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

15. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Okay, I’ll put myself out there for a Papa quotation at the end of the season or a few years out.

Marquez shortened his career with this debacle by several years, guaranteed. He might be brilliant (relative to his time off the bike), but I believe that arm will never fully heal and he’s going to dial it back a smidge to not aggravate it even when it’s ‘fully’ healed. Combined with the fact that his time off allowed the field to taste victory and see him weakened, he’s still going to be amazing but not nigh-on untouchable anymore. On the Honda at least.

I expect several wins and podiums from him this year, and maybe the championship if everyone else is as inconsistent as last year. Marc himself will be inconsistent relative to his past performance.

Marc will probably be back to near full strength in 2022 and take the title, but I think the arm will start deteriorating thereafter no matter what he does and Marquez will need something smoother to keep winning. If Honda can deliver a bike that doesn’t have to be beaten like a dead horse to perform Marc might stay there.

Marc is a decisive guy with iron cojones who doesn’t truly care about money though. Only beating motherfuckers into the Earth. I wouldn’t be surprised if Marc breaks the contract to move to Suzuki if Honda can’t deliver something that doesn’t have to be pushed so hard to win.

Have to agree with Dave, Marc on a Suzuki would be a warcrime. Hope it happens!

16. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping they have made and are using some type of Carbon Fiber splint on that arm/humerus. They can do that easily to help protect it in any future 'off bike excursions'.

BigBird likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So you figured you'd go double or nothing after your Zarco post-KTM career prediction? :D

Seriously, though, nothing particularly bold in what you posted.

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Going way out on a limb..... he'll beat Rossi.

:D

19. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Yeah, Zarco did manage to pull his chestnuts out of the fire at the last possible second and stay in the show. Dude has some huge balls on and off track. I can’t think.

Looks like Johan is hungry for that factory Duc ride and is backing it up. How many races until Ducati gets tired of one of their new factory riders and forces them out for Johan?

I swear getting that championship with Casey was the worst thing that ever happened to Ducati, it gave them perennial unrealistic expectations.

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Reported

Quicktoy likes this.