1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

His parents were there. 1-833-CJKNOWS (CJ Czaia, who sponsored Kaleb DeKeyrel last year in Twins) partially sponsored SDK on the M4 bike. I don't know the details of the deal, but I got to eat at the M4 tent with CJ's staff. Winning!

2. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

3. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Very cool! I'd heard about a Kawi - Graves relationship over the past 18 months. Glad to see it's coming true.

Also, looks like Elias won't be riding for Honos this year. Certainly not for the full season anyway.

4. 2OLD2BFAST

2OLD2BFAST Well-Known Member

I LOVE Corey getting extra help and a boost through this partnership, but honestly am disappointed that the Honos investment didn't result in any growth in the grid either through an SBK effort for Richie to grow toward along and a new rider taking his seat in SSP, or even a ride for Toni since Corey and Richie returning seemed like a given.

turbulence and Quicktoy like this.
  5. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I wonder if that money went to Cam B in moto 2

badmoon692008 and Quicktoy like this.
  6. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

7. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

rafa and Circacee like this.
  8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

By the looks of that pic of Farris, the should seek Doritos sponsorship.

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Very cool, Wyatt is a great kid from a nice family. First time we met them was an AFM race at buttonwillow. On the way to the track, the shipping company met me at a truck stop with an 08 R6, I bought from the east coast.

Tyler was still riding a SV or 125 at the time. Wyatt’s R6 blew up and I offered up our R6. Their mechanic, Will Morton, pulled the motor and Wyatt made the races that weekend. That started a long friendship with them .

23103a, koth442, YamahaRick and 5 others like this.
  10. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

STK1000 & SBK Cup definitely seems to be the place to rebuild a career in road racing. I wouldn't have been surprised if Wyatt, Uribe, and a few others didn't even bother with wildcards this year. But now those two at least are racing full time, plus whoever Derek is building that ZXRR for. So awesome.

Gino230, koth442 and Boman Forklift like this.
  11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Hey, at least they made it through last year with no water bottles thrown...

:D

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yes Tyler told me Uribe, another awesome family, set the track record this weekend at buttonwillow and beat Bryce Prince, and I think Aussie Dave, on Jason Uribe’s new Aussie Dave SBK. I hope he can be competitive this year in SBK with that bike, now that he is off the turd Honda.

13. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Yeah in MotoAmerica podcast they talked with Uribe about going SBK with Dave on the Suzuki. They also posted the video with him getting the track record

5axis, 23103a, jd41 and 4 others like this.
  14. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

We raced minis with Dylan and his father way back when. They are good people. When you are passionate about your sport, you sometimes get carried away in the heat of the moment.

SundaySocial, Gino230 and koth442 like this.
  15. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I have no doubt, plus I’m sure the suspension/banning and having to watch his kid from a distance sucked.

16. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

That looks like a fun track !

17. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Look for a team two make some pretty awesome announcements here soon. 2 more bikes on the grid in 2 for a full season. Excited for the new season.

18. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Superbike?

19. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Jesus,this didn't even make sense. :crackup:

I cant believe you guys didn't let me have it. That's bad even for assjuice standards.

So a team should be officially announcing two more riders. Can't say much but it is definitely a great addition to the paddock. :rock:

koth442 and turbulence like this.
  20. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Appreciate the English translation

turbulence and assjuice cyrus like this.