1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2021 | Round 1 | Losail | Qatar | March 26-28

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 22, 2021.

1. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

1. Miller
    2. Vinales
    3. P. Espargaro

2. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

Live now

3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’m watching them do the Moto2 group pictures and they’re really talking up Joe and Cam. I’m glad to see this.

Razr and henry_carlson like this.
  4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Cause we will kick their fucking Spanish asses off the track.

lol hopefully they can get it done on the track also.

Seiko, turbulence and Quicktoy like this.
  5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Eh you look at joe Roberts and think, yeah he's been in a lotta fights?

6. Robby-Bobby

No.
    I was speaking for America in general. Lol

7. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

We're at war with Spain now?

8. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Razr likes this.
  9. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

10. Robby-Bobby

If they treat our boys like Nicky and Herrin, yes.

scottn likes this.
  11. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Honda (and Puig) treated Nicky poorly. Other than Dani and Marq, I think Honda treats everyone pretty poorly.
    Ducati treated Nicky pretty well from what I saw.

I don't know enough about Herrin's experience to comment.

BigBird likes this.
  12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Herrin got screwed by the team pretty much. From what I remember they wouldn’t let him set up the bike to his style. It was their way or the high way. Plus I think his bike was very sub par to his team mates.

13. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Geez dude, you're still out here white knighting Herrin as if he would have found 2 seconds per lap if the team let him use different grips?

Come on. He's already admitted that experience humbled him and made him a better racer, and now he's back to doing what he's better at here in the States. Time to move on...

badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. Robby-Bobby

LOL yes cause it was ONLY the grips..... I've NEVER once said he would have set the world on fire. However, when the team purposely fucks you because of your nationality, then I get a little testy. You REALLY think Joe is a better rider than Herrin?

YamahaRick likes this.
  15. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

Very much so.

16. The Great One

I guess we have to blame the team for his lack of ability to keep it on two wheels throughout his season too?

Which of the two had an offer to go to MotoGP? Had front running Moto2 teams chasing their signature? Fought for multiple world championship podiums? A Tissot watch collection from their pole positions?

I also seem to remember a supersport wildcard at the end of 2015 where Joe gave Herrin the business...was that the last time they shared the track together?

But please enlighten me as to how much better Herrin is.

17. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Kinda worried about Cam, as I don't have faith in the American Racing team. They just come off as second rate to me. With the issues surrounding funding, the owners comments about Joe, and the tire gaf that had Joe start from the back of the grid last year, they leave me feeling that way. I really hope I am wrong and with Cam coming in having all of his knowledge, professionalism, and consistency that he can rise above it but I really dont have a good feeling about it.

BigBird likes this.
  18. The Great One

Repsol Honda has a similar tire gaf back in 2012 with Pedrosa. If it can happen to them then it can happen to anyone.

While the American Racing Team may not be Ajo or MarcVDS, I think they're still a good enough team for Cam to demonstrate his talent just like Joe was able to do last year. If that means it takes him a year or two to get onto a top level team, I don't think that's the worst thing in the world.

19. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Much as it pains me, I am going with Robby-Bobby on this one. Herrin got screwed by his team. I don't know what their rational was for doing it, but there is little doubt that he had lesser equipment than his team mate and he was allowed no input on how to set the bike up to meet his riding style or comfort. You are being a little disingenuous if you are reducing his complaint to the handgrip issue. I am suspecting that if you have to override a POS bike that is poorly set-up, that you will have a crash or two, so yes I think his team is to blame for his inability to always keep it on two wheels.
    While you accuse Robby-Bobby for being a Herrin fanboy, you clearly are exhibiting an anti-Herrin bias. Did he talk mean to you or just ignore you at a race sometime? Or are you such a Joe Roberts hanger on that you have to run Herrin down in order to make him the next greatest thing? I like Roberts and really look forward to seeing how he does this year but I am also looking forward to having Herrin back on a bike and a team that suits him and seeing how he does this year. I think that Cam will show that being able to run at the front of MA means that you can probably run well in Moto2.

20. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Eight more minutes! :clap:

Quicktoy and henry_carlson like this.