1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just found out I screwed up worse than I thought

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Mar 23, 2021.

1. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Lol.. I once got a ticket speeding in my Porsche 914 2.0 from an Airplane going to Road America in 1972 ... after that every time I saw the white lines painted across the street , I would hit the hooks :D

2. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

For me, it was selling the 1975 Bronco, granted it was a rust bucket but was still a V8, auto and power steering and also a 1970 VW bus that was given to me with a bad motor.

3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I've only ever had shitbox's that I sold for scrap when I was done with them. No regerts. :D

4. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

Dude - that ain't nothing. Years ago this dude owed me several thousand dollars and asked if I'd take 200 bit coins instead. I laughed in his face and told him to give his play money to someone else and pay me in real greenbacks. That's $11,150,660.00 today and that was only around 2013 I turned down his offer.

auminer, cha0s#242 and BigBird like this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You win.

Inst Tech, DmanSlam, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  6. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I spell that L-O-S-T

BigBird likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I concur.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yes. Yes you did...but if anyone lost more, I cannot see them admitting it to the beeb. You're #1, HEY!!.

BigBird likes this.
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

FUCK!!!! I feel your pain

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Mang...that makes me realize things ain't all that bad...relatively speaking.:D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Well, not me but my dad. In the early 60's he played poker with a couple of guys on our street...one an accountant and the other an attorney. My dad was a Purdue grad that just started at GE. The two guys tried to convince my dad to go in with them on a business venture...he'd be perfect for them as he knew the engineering side of things. The company they started was Humana Healthcare. Glad he passed...I'd have probably ended up a screwed up rich kid:D

BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Instead of a screwed up middle class kid?

rd400racer likes this.
  13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Or the son of a poor black sharecropper. :D

sharkattack and speedluvn like this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I’ve got some great stories with this car, I will tell in this thread.

I’m the top salesperson for our company and there is a hot fun girl working there. Since I work out of the house, I decide it is acceptable to fish off the company pier!!!

I take this girl on a date to the West End in Dallas, which was a new hot spot back in the 87-89 timeframe.

So we come out of a restaurant or club and we are driving down the street and some guy yells, hey nice car, is daddy letting you drive it tonight?

She stands up through the sunroof and says, “It’s his car, I bought it for him because he fucks me so well”.:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

That shit him up!!!

YamahaRick likes this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Did you happen to know a GE exec named Sasnett (sp)? Don't know his name, but his daughter was a classmate at NCSU School of Design.

16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

By any chance was it more like Sisnick? There was a pretty high up guy with a name close to that. My dad is still alive, I'll ask him but it does sound kind of familiar.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think I am close on the spelling. I attended here wedding with two other classmates in Louisville (probably about spring 77 - I was a couple months shy of 21). At the time, NC only allowed brown bagging. Imagine my joy at learning KY would sell pitchers of margueritas only to remember I still wasn't 21.

rd400racer likes this.
  18. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

mehhh...not so bummed acutall
    I'm really not too bummed...just a fun story at this point. I'm sure I would have sold them all the second the price doubled, bought my self an expensive bottle of whisky, and bragged to all my friends about making a few thousand bucks. No f-ing way I would have had the balls to hold out until today!

19. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Some stuff is bound to be a collectible item from the get go because of prestige or rarity in numbers... but some of this stuff, how would you know honestly. Porsches of that vintage around 2000 were still kinda ehh. i remember in the late 80's/early 90's, my school bus would drive its route by a dude's house every morning who parked his slant nose turbo outside on the street like it was a Geo Prizm. just this morning my boss was telling me about how he got a 67 Camaro back in HS for $700, then after a few years, GAVE it to a dude for free that he knew. how would he know that's a $100k car 40 years later?

on a lighter dumber side of things... i had a gameboy color yellow and the yellow version of pokemon back in 11th grade literally just because it was easy to conceal and i could play in class to kill time. try looking up what those still in the package are worth now with the whole pokemon craze. sometimes its the most randomest shit. who knows. my mom and her friends used to play throwing games with like Mickey Mantle and Willie Mays baseball cards as if they were trash. then her parents threw them all away when she went off to college. i guess you could be the hoarder guy that just keeps EVERYTHING and hope to get lucky one day, otherwise its a crapshoot.

BigBird and tl1098 like this.
  20. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

these are my favorite. still i'll never forget to this day, one of my friend's dads was telling us about how his old college buddy hit him up one day asking for $5000 to help start a coffee shop venture, and he was like, "i'll pass thanks." and that company became Starbucks haha. i guess if you have money to burn and have faith in some of your friends, maybe you should take chances sometimes.

DmanSlam, BigBird and rd400racer like this.