Once again addressing misinformation on Facebook...

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Mar 9, 2021.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

https also encrypts the data as it goes over the wire between your computer's browser and the forum's web server. With just http like this site, everything typed in (including your password) is "in the clear" between your computer and the forum's web server and vulnerable to a variety of attacks. My password for this Forum gets used no where else for that reason. Not reusing passwords between sites is generally good information security anyway.

Sometimes the web site's admin doesn't renew their certificate in time in which case your browser will reject it because it expired. Then the admin starts getting calls / texts / messages that they screwed up and gets it renewed and pushes out the new Cert quickly. Other times your browser might have cached the site's Cert or the Intermediate Cert or the Root Cert and then the reload gets the new Cert chain from the Certificate Authority and all is well.

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Perfect use of the word seeing as he uses his alimentary canal in reverse.

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I'm trying wrap my head around the idea that there are worshipers.

So, this guy wants to the be combo in a single being. Like Brundlefly?

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Some of his posts on here definitely read like he thinks he's Jesus.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He thinks he is my lawn guy?

YamahaRick likes this.
  6. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

You think there's only one guy mowing named Jesus? Sheesh.

7. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

What kind of goalie stick?:D

8. jdmosley43

jdmosley43 Well-Known Member

One reason y'all are Royalty right here!!! Long live WERA!!!:flag:

9. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

I have a problem with this site. All these years I've spent on here never made me any faster. It's bullshit I tell you....where can I get a refund? :D

Gino230 likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

This site is guaranteed to make you slower the longer you're on it as well as believe you were faster when joined up than you really were.

11. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

So true .

12. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

The basic SSL certificate does a couple of things:
    It verifies that you are actually connecting to the site the certificate is issued for.
    It encrypts the site so that the information you enter (user name & password) is not readable in clear text on the Internet. It encrypts the data between your browser and the server so its hard to eavsedrop on the session. - Keeps the nosy hacker kid on your block from reading your sessions on the beeb
    . That makes it harder for someone to scrape user names & passwords from the traffic to the site.

They are actually pretty useful, and while not free, the basic ones are less than $50/yr.
    Once you have a SSL cert installed, you access the site via HTTPS rather than clear-text HTTP. The S stands for secure.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Got mine free for the main site... I'd do here too but don't have access to that server, it's kind of way locked down :D

14. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Too bad you weren't still in high school so you could take him out behind the gym and beat his ass.;)

15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Can't you just use lastpass or 1password like most people and not worry about how secure or not this website might be?

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

My password on here was "password" for like 5 years.

Now it's @N+!d|$#5TaÞL1s#M3n+aR!@nI$m

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Here's mine.

upload_2021-3-9_19-57-7.png

18. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

No. A password manager stores and regurgitates your passwords so you don't have to keep them on a sheet of paper next to the computer.
    Password managers do not encrypt traffic to/from any location on the Internet other than their own servers.

So if you use a password manager to log into the beeb, your username and password are still sent in clear-text because the connection to http://forums.13x.com isn't encrypted.

For non-secure (non HTTPS) sites, make sure to use a unique password that isn't used anywhere else. Even better, also use a unique user name as well. Because the user name and password are sent in clear-text, they may be scraped from the Internet on its way between you and the server you are logging into.

19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

High school! Presidents can do that also.

20. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Enjoy it while you can. You know you are going to be named in a lawsuit since you mentioned him again and he is going to go after all of your assets, so kiss your sticks goodbye.:crackup: