1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Once again addressing misinformation on Facebook...

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

This was posted -

cookshitagain1.jpg

Rising Sun likes this.
  2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Gee...him being full of shit is such a shocker.

mastermind and Gorilla George like this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He is sooooooo thoughtful.

cav115 and mastermind like this.
  4. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I get this message from websites from time to time. I’m not exactly sure why but if I try again 30minutes later the warning is gone. I always assumed it was nothing to be concerned about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because it'll be easier to read as a separate post...

This is being posted here because John Cook won't let people respond to his bullshit directly, he's a huge fan of blocking those who call him out.

I have been fully transparent on the computer issues with everyone here but just in case you didn't see those posts or are still worried, this website/server did NOT get hacked. This is hosted on an entirely different computer in an entirely different city. The notice that Mr Cook doesn't understand is simply the same one you get for any site that does not have an https certificate installed.

Installing that cert to the main site which is on a computer in our office is exactly what caused the first hiccup a couple months ago. Not hardware that time, all Mongo.

Did have a battery backup issue that was the Sunday we were at Talladega, not sure anyone noticed that one. Then the router install the Comcast screwed up while I was at Vegas - can't even call that equipment as much as installer issues.

Anyway, for the main site and online registration if you use the same password elsewhere I would suggest you change it although all indicators are they didn't take info, just screwed up our info. We do not store credit card information anywhere on any computer. We have not been storing SS numbers for more than a decade.

So while Mr Cooks passive aggressive attack on WERA is cute, it is as usual totally unfounded.

CRA_Fizzer and jdmosley43 like this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's the http/https stuff, technically the s versions of sites are more secure and have a certificate proving that the site is who it purports to be, helps cut down on fake sites I guess.

nlzmo400r likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Y'all still negotiating a sale? :D

jdmosley43, Yzasserina and Rising Sun like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I would also like to note that the main WERA site has been up for an entire week without me screwing it up! :crackup:

I cannot guarantee 2 weeks, still some tweaking I need to do to get things on the back end working after the ransomware attack :D

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think I have a suspect for the attack.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure if I ever posted it but after considering it the boss decided she would rather shut it all down and toss the equipment in the dumpster than sell WERA to someone like him.

11. Rising Sun

Rising Sun Well-Known Member

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

After getting some insight I may share down the line I can guarantee there is no way in hell that person you're thinking of could pull off anything like that :crackup:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, it is weird but I know the whole online security stuff gets people worried so figure I better address it.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Metalhead?

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The new standard is that he must prove innocence.

tl1098 likes this.
  16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

That's funny.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Edit: Eh, don't feel like getting sued so <delete my original post> :D

18. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Was it the chef, in the winners circle with a douche flute?

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

MH would have drawn it in crayon on his smatphone screen. Unlikely

Shenanigans likes this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Some dude with a backhoe?