1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He started at Ferrari in 1996. He won for the first time in 2000. Could have been 1999 if he hadn't broken his leg. By that time, they were at least the equal of McLaren.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Thanks for making my point. He won with that turd after only a few races in 1996.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Your point? I asked who won the championship in an inferior car. Lots of races have the one in inferior cars. Much worse cars than anything Schumacher drove after 1993. Have you seen what won Monaco in 1996? Negro please…

That 96 Ferrari was a turd in the same way the 2004 Yamaha M1 was a turd: fan boy mythology.

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Haha. 1996 Monaco was Panis? Too lazy to look it up. I think 3 cars finished that race.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's the one. Probably more like six cars. :D

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I only started watching F1 around '92, so I'm probably not the historian that you are. I was in Brazil a couple weeks after Senna's accident. Man, I felt sorry for those people. They were devastated. The people in the hospital I was working in would spontaneously break down at any moment. It was gut-wrenching to witness.

scottn likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I can't even begin to imagine. There is no athlete that represents to Americans what Senna did to Brazilians. Being there must've been surreal.

motion likes this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

9. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

It won't be long before teams ban drivers from cycling on the road. I'm surprised it hasn't happened already, actually.

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

She hasn't responded since I sent that to her. She might be busy trying to book private planes to Europe.

12. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Hi guys! @fastfreddie just brought me home from the ER for chest pains. Thanks for thinking of me, y'all so sweet! I will be OK, because Alo will be OK.

Otherwise, there would, well... nevermind, let's keep a happy thought!

:p

rd400racer, scottn, Razr and 2 others like this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I hope it was anxiety and not a problem with your heart.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dude, I think it's a joke about her cougar crush on Alonso. :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

It was neither, sweetie, it was a joke, in response to the fellahs teasing me about my adoration of Alo. I am happily at home working on a jigsaw puzzle.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. Boman Forklift

Wow, went right over my head!!!! I know we all tease each other on here and tease you about Alonso, but I totally missed that one.

Glad it was a joke.

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lol. What's going on with your new handle, Rob? Did I miss something?

18. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Is it a picture of your fave Spaniard?

19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

It is a Paris scene. Later this evening, I may or may not be looking up whether there is a particular puzzle out there...

:D

20. Boman Forklift

Nothing exciting, just fixing previous stupidity.

I was getting a bunch of crap calls on my cell phone.....probably because I stupidly posted my cell number on here and other motorcycle forums years ago when I had something for sale or when offering help to someone. So I figured I would remove my phone number and change my name to the business name and maybe even get some business from some forum members. A couple years ago a beeb member was nice enough to buy some forklift parts from us.