1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Too bad Grosjean and Johnson aren't running the ovals, that means Penske's new rookie McLaughlin will probably win rookie of the year.

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Source? I remember it being that he talked to his wife but could be wrong

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

From NBCSN....."Johnson said he wanted to run about 15 races in 2021, including at least a dozen IndyCar races on road and street courses (along with potentially a handful of NASCAR, off-road and sports car events).

He is also open to the idea of running the 2022 Indy 500 after watching how the aeroscreen safety device has performed this season."

He will run some Nascar races for Ganassi also.

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Gotcha, I can see him running Indy and possibly a short track but nothing else really

5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Hamilton finally signs a new contract but it’s for one year only!

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

It's so he can take his ball and go home when GR signs for 2022.

7. fastedyamaha

I’d take my ball and go home too as an 8 time champ!

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That's fine, but if he does... probably disqualifies him as the GOAT and puts a huge asterisk next to his achievements.

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Hey man, some GOATs know when to go out on top and not tarnish their own achievements by sticking around too long... :Poke:

10. fastedyamaha

Say what? 8 titles puts him in a class of his own.

11. Rene Bucek

Rene Bucek Well-Known Member

Yes and no. All his titles have been with McLaren when they were the fastest car, then Mercedes and Toto also having the fastest car. Russell, who has never scored a single point (outside of his one race stint with Mercedes) dominated the race when they put him behind the wheel of a Mercedes. He's a good driver, of that there is no question, but he isn't the Brady of F1. I'd like to see what would happen if you removed Toto (who is legendary at his job) and put Lewis in any other car.

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That's what I've been saying for years, switch the drivers around and see who comes out on top.

13. Rene Bucek

Rene Bucek Well-Known Member

I think FIA has been screwing the sport for basically forever with their restrictive rules. Virtually all technical advancements should be allowed on the condition that any team that makes progress must share that advancement with the rest of the grid for the following season. That way the cars all remain competitive with each other and no team has more than a years worth of advantage over other teams.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Who's won the championship in a clearly inferior car since Prost in '86?

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Schumacher in the Benneton
    Schumacher in the Ferrari

DrA5 likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I expected the first one. I knew fan boys would have no shame ignoring that little incident at Imola.

Second one: now that just takes balls. That's way beyond fanboyism. :crackup:

motion likes this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Dude, Ferrari was in disarray and a crap team when Schumacher came in. Don't make me look up the previous years points.

19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Motion has only so much love in his heart (and room on his ceiling for idols).

motion likes this.
  20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member