Another Boeing 737 Max-8 crash

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If you don't have expertise on staff you have no business over seeing someone who does. Someone who receives a paycheck isn't objective and can't be relied on to put the publics safety above his paycheck.

2. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

How would you propose our government solve that? How do they acquire decades of insanely technical experience and keep up with all the changes of every airplane manufacturer in the world? Cooperation is the only path. I think it's pretty much how all government regulation works.

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Tell that to the No Talent Ass Clowns at the EPA for me , would ya.

thaaaaannnkks.

:D

TurboBlew and R Acree like this.
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

5. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Approval came through this morning. The Max is back!! (And probably never should have been gone)

SteveThompson and Photo like this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

7. SteveThompson

Boeing's stock is up 3-4% today. Another 40% and I'll be even. :eek:

r1owner, scottn, ducnut and 1 other person like this.
  8. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Dam, thats rough, sorry to hear.....but I have "some" faith.

I cant nail down WHY I got lucky, but I did.....scraped a bunch off in Nov 2019 and went VERY conservative....at the time, things were great, but with an election year and retirement looming, I sold.....I kept some that I had purchased as an employee way back around 1996.

When it went to crap ($95ish, march?).....I bought back in for 10K. I'm watching. I will probably scrape again in the near future.

I wonder what it will take for them to reinstate dividends.

I'm very relieved to see the Max back. You are more directly involved in the industry....are you in any way optimistic about just breaking even on your stock?......Or are you not seeing it recovering any time soon?

Good luck sir. I still have hope for better BA days.

9. SteveThompson

This is in my play account. My real retirement is in typical mutual funds. I bought when it was down and I thought there was an end in sight for the MAX thing. The pandemic changed all of that. I'll hold for now and hopefully it will come back. I had a very well timed purchase of ALGN as well as some oil stock purchases in April that have actually pushed my play account beyond what I consider "play money". Which I guess was the point. :)

I'm optimistic about the aviation industry as a whole, but I am much more involved in GA. We are having a record year and expect that to continue for at least the short term.

10. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

GA = General Aviation????

Is that a stock ticker?....I'm not seeing it.

11. SteveThompson

Yeah. Sorry. GA = General Aviation

12. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I don't see commercial aviation recovering for a long time. Maybe not until the kids that are younger than 10 start to buy airfare. Businesses will be pull back significantly, which is a massive portion of the total. Maybe, if these vaccines are phenomenal we'll all start flying again like nothing happened for personal travel, but I still think it will take a while.

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I was playing around with the Flight Radar app today and spotted this. Interesting flight number.

IMG_9462.jpg

14. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I would assume that the BOE indicates a non-revenue flight (B1 or B*) performed by Boeing as an internal test, or a Customer test flight (C1 or C*) to validate airworthiness. As the Max has been distributed over many locations for storage these last two years that the origination and destination locations are irrelevant.

But! I am not a flight expert, nor have I stayed anywhere near a Holiday Inn. I have just been around a couple of instances regarding flights and Boeing or Customer flight designations.

motion likes this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I scrolled past that map pic above too quickly and thought it was a flight from Atlantic City up to LGA :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Is that a UPS or a FedEx plane?

BigBird likes this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Haha took me a minute.

BigBird likes this.
  19. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

i’ve had a couple in my airspace over the last couple of days. westjets

20. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Looks like Boeing is going to have to payout ~ $2.5b on this matter.

Montoya and BigBird like this.