1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I’d enjoy a yosh Honda truck

mdub048 likes this.
  2. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Dean says they are racing at BIR next year. Sure...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3. CRA_Fizzer

I have confirmed that they are in negotiations. And they want to run the long course.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The Beer Hunter likes this.
  4. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with BIR. Bitchin International Raceway?

5. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Brainerd International Raceway in Minnesota.

6. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

The long course has way better character and flow than the short course. Hopefully they do the proper/original 7-8 instead of the coned one.

r6fast and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Now that Attack has their riders finalized, when will the others announce who they will have?

M4 technically has 2 open seats, but I can't imagine they would let Bobby get away since he is clearly capable of winning.
    Honos has 0,1 or 2 open seats depending on the rumors.
    Schiebe now has an open seat.
    Celtic/HSBK has 1 or 2 open seats depending on the rumors.
    What is Altus going to do? Keep Cam? Run Sbk or stay with Sstk?
    What about Graves? Honos or something else or nothing?
    What about Yosh?

8. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

IIRC somebody recently commented that Yosh had sold their rig implying they don't intend to sponsor a team in the near future.

9. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Dig a hole!

Rising and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  10. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

First roadrace I ever attended was there back in '96. Was incredible watching them go through turn one.

11. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

No chance there - a new wall (installed in 2013 as part of the repave) prohibits that.

12. The Beer Hunter

I dont see why that cant be remediated by air fence?

13. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

It's too close. Bikes will be traveling 70-80mph here, if you get off track you will hit that wall very nearly head on.
    8.jpg

Rising Sun likes this.
  14. The Beer Hunter

With the announcement being official now, it makes me wonder what changes Kristi is making? Demolishing the wall?

15. CRA_Fizzer

The wall isn't going anywhere. It's there for SCCA certification.

16. The Beer Hunter

According to Gramps the AMA and MA officials inspected the track and decided to go with the short course.

17. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

That would really suck, but it does solve the issue with the front straight/rain. I had planned on going, if this actually came to fruition, but if its on the short course, then probably not.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  18. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Saw Kayla racing locally a couple years ago, it was impressive, putting a beating on the local fast guys.
    It was funny on the podium too, standing on the 1st place she was as tall as the guys in 2nd and 3rd.

I can see Honos running 2 Kawis, Richie and Tony, that would be awesome.... And with Graves behind it I think they could go head to head with Attack.

19. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I saw Kayla at the GNF in 2018. She was putting a beating on the guys then also. So impressive. She had a tip-off at Charlottes Web and the corner worker wouldnt give her the bike back. They were tug-of-war the bike and she finally gave in, was stomping around so upset. Was so funny. Just shows how committed she is already at that young age. Im a big fan and hope she continues to do well. She is the real deal. Many of the guys there were just hoping she didnt lap them by the end of the sprint races...

20. CRA_Fizzer

How the hell are they going to fit the show in that tiny paddock?

badmoon692008 and Kolbe like this.