1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2021 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by scottn, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Forgive my ignorance, was Miller & Pecco's bike the same version that the factory team were riding?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Pretty much but I think Miller was the test monkey for some shit that the factory hadn't even gotten yet.

3. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

If I were Gigi and the rest of the admin there, I would have been kicking Petrux in the dick for being that far back most of the year.

4. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I'd forgotten, so I looked it up. That's pretty damning against Lowes. AE finished in top 10 in 7 out of 9 finishes. SL best finish was 13th. Both had 8 retirements, which doesn't look good for anyone.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_MotoGP_World_Championship

5. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

6. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

8. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

agree 100%

ShadowBoxer and pscook like this.
  9. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Yep time to fire that manager for sure

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

The manager is 100% allowed to disagree and guide the rider. That’s literally the point of a manager.

obviously the rider doesn’t agree and that’s ok. Doesn’t change the fact that the managers job is to elevate their client to the next level. Doesn’t matter the sport.

11. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Agree, but that shit is properly done in private. Not in a media story

12. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I think staying in Moto 2 is a bigger risk that going to Aprillia for Roberts. GG has already proven he has was it takes and I think Cam B would get picked over him 9 out of 10 times. Roberts only saving grace will be of he outperforms Beabier, and I wouldn't bet on that.

vizsladog and turbulence like this.
  13. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Wasn't Lowes given a big WDGAF about you welcome by the team, just like Redding? Who's to say this wasn't just a stop-gap measure until they get someone they really want.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Disagreeing with the rider's decision in the media only makes it look like the manager is mostly concerned with how he looks to potential future clients. He doesn't want to be known as the guy who wouldn't close Aprilia.

Either that or maybe it's resentment over the size of the commission. Something tells me that the option chosen by Roberts yields a smaller commission. Just a hunch. I could be wrong.

Either way, it's a bad look.

Oh, I disagree that it's the managers job to "elevate their client" regardless of the impact on the long term.

Zarco turned down Pramac (remember what they were then) for an additional year in Moto2 to wait for a better opportunity by positioning himself on the two-year MotoGP contract cycle. I'd say it worked out pretty well with Tech3.

BigBird likes this.
  15. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Davies on the GoEleven Ducati for next year. Happy to see him grab a seat.

16. prospected

Schedule confirmed in WSBK, no US round...WTF.

17. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

As much as it sucks, didn't we kind of already know this? I feel like it was confirmed a month or two ago that Laguna wouldn't be on the schedule (given all the political bs I've read about going on over there, it seems plausible the track's entire existence may be in jeopardy before long). And I don't recall ever hearing even a whisper of a rumor about them moving the US round to a different track.

BigBird and turbulence like this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I told y'all it was coming. When I posted that, they had offered GMT94 Chaz Davies, factory bikes and two Ducati support staff all salaries paid. The team had to pass but I suspected Ducati would still try to help him.

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Wasnt on the schedule for this year either.

20. prospected

Yet no Imola or Brno either. The only plus is that Thailand is gone.