1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to help...

Discussion in 'General' started by Justin Nelson, Jul 6, 2020.

1. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Looking forward to thoroughly getting our ass handed to us at PittRace in Sept.

Please... be gentle!

Ducti89 likes this.
  2. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Not everyone has the $$ or work schedule that allows them to follow the entire series. This year I’ll have probably 6-7 track weekend, half WERA half track days. I’ve got a license from WERA.

What do I call myself?

turbulence likes this.
  3. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

A hobbyist. Have fun at the endurance race!

pjzocc likes this.
  4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I don't know the breakdown of their mix between branding and direct response, but again - someone there (shareholders, upper management, etc.) believe that the ROAS is good enough on that $188 million to continue to spend it annually.

FWIW, we have measurable ROAS of about 4 to 1 on our ad spend (spend is in the 8 figures annually).

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Lucky?? :)

pjzocc likes this.
  6. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Cameron? He ran faster AFTER he fixed his tire pressure issue.

And that isn't a record, even if records for novices were a thing. He is going pretty fast for relatively little track time based on the conversations I had with him. If he gets his bike sorted out, he could be pretty quick.

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Riders that race are riders hoping to get/getting some racing action but have yet to fulfill the stipulation I've presented. A racer does not call those people racers. Non-racers call those people racers.

The fallacy is yours. I don't know what they call 'em, but I doubt the real cocksuckers refer to the occasional cocksucker as a cocksucker.
    Or do they? :D

8. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

There are amateur lap records now? Is there a lap record for 8pm on a Tuesday yet? I might swing for that one.

badmoon692008, noles19 and FrancisA like this.
  9. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I hold the XR100 lap record at Barber. I'm not one to brag, but I'm kind of a big deal.

Phl218, TurboBlew and renegade17 like this.
  10. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Amatuer, Expert, Pro, or Trackday? Slicks or DOT Record?

11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

All time. I'm the man.

TurboBlew and renegade17 like this.
  12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

not the overall 2up points champion class... the one that requires you to tow an ohvale w/o a TRS

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Anyone who quits racing while still physically capable of operating a motorcycle is not a racer.

That ought to shut you up for a while. :D

tl1098 likes this.
  14. fastfreddie

I already have my cock push-up...a handful of 'em. :D

Papa's dictionary of time...
    A while: five minutes.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Don't matter. You quit. :D

16. fastfreddie

I mentioned years ago that I would be back...when Pooh creates the Formula 60 class. :D

It's gonna be a real meat grinder cuz no one's thinkin' about goin' to work on Monday. :crackup:

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I agree - but there are a lot of trackday people who would go race if there weren't a track day instead. They're not racers as most think of them but they do race some. Then there are others who aren't chasing our stuff and might come race but there is a trackday where they're racing MA later on.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes we absolutely do need the Novice level.

19. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I would have thought that what happened in Florida with CCS and FMRRA would be a cautionary tale to some other race orgs. A bunch of young people showed up and shook things up with exactly what the OP was suggesting, against a more traditional organization that gave all the same excuses the naysayers are presenting in this and other threads. And they split the group enough to where CCS has largely given up on Florida.

You can argue all you want that social media doesn't matter- and it doesn't for many of the old school, hard core guys and gals. But to recruit new people, you need to adapt to what the younger crowd is looking for and how they are finding it. Many of them don't know what they are doing on a given weekend until Saturday morning, so don't tell me that seeing a Facebook or Instagram ad 10 times the week before about the local race doesn't make a difference. It absolutely does, or FMRRA would not exist.

One of the reasons that FMRRA drew people away was that they made it easier to register, tech, and race. Online signup with a decent mobile site, etc. They are all over social media with produced content, videos, etc. Some of the things they do (like gridding Amateurs and Experts together based on lap times,) I think compromises safety somewhat, but most people seem to like it and it gives practice a more goal oriented feeling.

I don't care how many times it's been re-hashed on various threads, just like any business, you need to continue to innovate or you risk someone coming along and doing it better. Don't say it can't happen, it already did!

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why would I mix the grid up like that when they're not racing each other? I have also seen plenty of riders at all levels pick up a ton of time between day one and two. Mixing it up is great but what would this accomplish? What is the benefit to our riders or our program as a whole?

We change things on a regular basis. WERA isn't the same this year as last and nowhere near 10 or 20 years ago. However change for the sake of change does nothing. You keep trying to bring up companies that don't change and fail but seem to ignore the majority that don't change things drastically while still adapting to changing markets and succeed....

JBall likes this.