1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica / Road America 2020 Round 2

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Jun 9, 2020.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

hmm... :confused: Don't know I was thinking that. Did he have a couple of mechanical issues at some point that caused him to fall offpace? Maybe that's what I'm thinking of. Either way, I do agree that he probably didn't show up in the right mindset. Given the arrogance of some of his statements, I don't doubt for one second that he thought it was going to be easy.

2. redtailracing

VFR#52 and JCP636 like this.
  3. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

If someone believes that shit, their emotions deserve to be fucked with.:blart:

VFR#52 likes this.
  4. redtailracing

To be fair I just read what he said and got excited before noticing the title in the link. So I had no idea what bike he was referring to and Josh has been known to want to dabble in new riding ventures in the last couple years.

5. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Easy with the false rumors there. That zx10 has been for sale since last fall. It's the 2018 one that's not good for contingency anymore. He still has a newer one which is what he's been racing in MA. He's not stepping down to a 600, he just wants to ADD a 636. He's already had an R6 to fool around on, but he wants to dice it out with all the fast 600 guys in CCS and get some contingency money, hence he wants a brand new ZX6R.

VFR#52, Quicktoy, jd41 and 4 others like this.
  6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

My bad.

VFR#52 likes this.
  7. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

A little off topic...

I've never been to Road America, but my wife and I are going to the upcoming race. We rented an Air BnB right across the street from the track. (she loves those damn things, and we both hate camping TBH) We were considering renting a golf cart, but I also have my Grom. Are those things kosher with the track? can we ride that thing all over as long as I'm not being a ding dong?

Thanks dudes.

8. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Not sure about the Grom at RA, however a golf cart rental is $265 SMH

9. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

As long as it has a plate on it you can get most places around the track on it, or with any motorcycle. They may let you a little closer into the pits on a golf cart than on a grom but otherwise you can get just about anywhere else on it.

VFR#52 likes this.
  10. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Thanks guys, it has a plate.

I was actually considering selling it for a Golf cart recently. I think my Wife would be happier at the track with a golf cart. She's always nervous around people while operating the Grom. lol

henry_carlson likes this.
  11. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

RA doesn't let you bring your own golf cart. You have to rent from them or have a tagged vehicle.

You aren't supposed to drive anything over I think it's 150cc down the back to Canada corner, but you can drive a cart down there.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Suck it Trebek!

Attached Files:

YamahaRick, 5axis and henry_carlson like this.
  13. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I went to the races at RA last year for my first ever live races. There were two-wheeled vehicles of all types all over the place. You would be fine on a Grom

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Especially if they went into it with everyone understanding that is how it would go to be able to run that machine in that class.

BC likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think so but for most of the specials it depends on build numbers.

16. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I was riding in the Twins class so I wasn't really involved with their weekend. When I'm there I have enough on my plate trying to qualify to run with these animals.

As for the protest, going back and seeing the rules, you can see why he was discouraged. The rulebook states that a protest for class eligibility must be logged before the first practice.

Good question about the results. Yes, I like Stefano and his family, and I admire his talent. I think he can beat PJ. But to speculate on what would have been, I just don't feel qualified to do that.

And honestly, I think he would have come and raced no matter who was racing. But I still feel the rulebook should have been modified or upheld.

henry_carlson and BC like this.
  17. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

You forgot filthy.

18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I was leaving some of them out. :crackup:

t11ravis and Yzasserina like this.
  19. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

Not that it matters but I'll be running my TZ in Heritage Cup along with running Twins Cup :)
    DSCF1453.JPG

Senna, VFR#52, lee955i and 11 others like this.
  20. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Weather forecast: Rain, rain and more rain.

Still time for that to change, but it figures...

henry_carlson likes this.