1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica / Road America 2020 Round 2

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Jun 9, 2020.

1. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

They wouldnt want me driving.

TurboBlew likes this.
  2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

SLACKERS!!! The whole lot of ya ...

upload_2020-6-30_19-17-0.jpeg

Gino230, turbulence, 5axis and 2 others like this.
  3. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

When I was 20 I received burns on my left arm and right leg from an explosion at the job I had as well as smaller burns up my chest and neck (I worked on the melt deck at an iron foundry) I have broken a lot of bones, multiple dislocations on my shoulders, torn rotor cuffs etc.. NOTHING I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED has been as bad as getting burned. It was so awful and I thought would have horrible scars for the rest of my life. The burns on my leg were so hard to deal with, i couldn't sleep, when I would stand up I couldn't stand still.. they just constantly hurt so bad for like 2 weeks. Other than some scarring on my leg you can barely tell I was burned now (its been 13 years) However, I sun burn burn easily in those areas. Most of the time when you see me in the summer, i'm still wearing pants, and a long sleeve UV shirt. I really hope the best for PJ... Burns are seriously the worst pain I've ever dealt with and i wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. :(

t11ravis and Gino230 like this.
  4. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I don't know how many on here remember Santiago Villa, but he was badly burned at Daytona one year during refueling. I believe the constant pain he was in started him down a dark road that he really never recovered from. Just a sad situation all around.

Glad you pulled through that, and hoping for a good outcome for PJ.

t11ravis and MELK-MAN like this.
  5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Now we're finally taking the right direction with this thread!!

6. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

If PJ has blisters over 30% of his body, that is some serious shit. No mention of it being a chemical or heat burn, but I'll assume from the fire. That will take some time to heal, and he won't be a happy camper during this process. He may not even make the next race(s). I burned the top of my hand a few years ago, (only considered 1-2 % of body surface area) and it isn't pleasant. The whole top layer of skin from my hand was gone after the technician was done cleaning it. It is amazing how well it looks today, you can hardly tell. Silvadene cream applied to the burn area made it heal really well. I have pics, but no one needs to see that.

I wish him well in his recovery.

Senna likes this.
  7. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Anyone else surprised that MA doesn't have an online apparel store? Roger and the other announcer said that they'd have new hats for sale somewhere this week, but I still haven't seen them pop up.

Suzuka_joe and Gixxerguy855 like this.
  8. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

I was looking for the same thing, even Googled it and it gave me all kinds of MA stuff, but not the authentic stuff I'm looking for,

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2020
    Senna likes this.
  9. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

PJ was burned in a fire or had chemical burns from the gasoline? Either way, 30% of his body blistered sounds very serious.

Quicktoy likes this.
  10. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

I'd have already purchased stuff. Buddy was at the RA round this weekend and said he didn't see a merch booth but i just assume he missed it. I know supercross always has tonssss of swag you can buy for all the riders as well as MotoGP. Also when you purchased the MA+ account last year they said you'd get a discount on the store but they never put a store online..

Senna likes this.
  11. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Could be a conflict of interest with Honos as the title sponsor.

12. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I thought of that too, but it's not like Honos is making MA-branded hats or stuff like that. They've got like one MA t-shirt and mostly casual non-MA apparel and a couple base layers.

13. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Gino230, Gixxerguy855, evakat and 6 others like this.
  14. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Mech booth was there, wasnt big but was there.

OldSchlPunk likes this.
  15. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

Glad to see PJ is going to be recovering quicly! That Ducati looked like burnt toast when they unloaded it in front of tech. Get em PJ!
    Tim

16. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1:clap:

17. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Olive branch for them to drop the lawsuit?

Not that anybody cares about the MotoAmerica YouTube channel, but... media coverage is media coverage?

18. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

From looking at the guys IG (@geocrashphotography) I think he was commissioned by HSBK/ Celtic for that and MA just gave it a spotlight

19. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was posted a few days earlier to HSBK's own channel.

henry_carlson likes this.
  20. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Is there an actual lawsuit, or just a formal appeal?