1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G 97

G 97 Garth

Mmmmm sushi:D

cav115 likes this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Contracting the covid and not experiencing any major if any side effects is now somehow deemed catastrophic and tragic. Um OK :crackup:
    Shame on those who are living their lives freely, they are stupid.

cav115, sdg and JBraun like this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What we eat does, but that doesn't mean I am going to consume my dinner to that extent. You are welcome to the chittlins.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Doing their part to reach herd immunity. ;)

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Crowder uploaded this video to Yootoobz today....haven't watched it yet, but it should be interesting.

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 3.44.50 PM.png

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

When does its stop being stupid....is there a special switch they flip where on Monday it was a stupid idea and on Tuesday its perfectly OK. I think in light of the current events that are taking place right now and the obviously biased response to them we can clearly see when that switch was flipped.

7. sdg

sdg *

Have you had anybody say to you, "this is the normal" ?

...fuck that.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Life seeks to find some sort of equilibrium. Life right now is FAR from equilibrium as the result of quite a few factors. This current "normal" is not sustainable, hence it won't/cannot last.

sdg likes this.
  9. sdg

sdg *

Was supposed to say: new normal.

Appreciate your observation there on equilibrium, great point.

10. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Please show numbers per the lung damage.

11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Cav, how is your father, family?

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

I guess I should be dead by now since I’ve been shoulder to shoulder in about 20 different places, mask free during the last three weeks bar hoping on the chopper.

How does one social distance from a chick on the back of your bike?
    Asking for a friend. :crackup:

DmanSlam, Steeltoe and cav115 like this.
  13. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Dad passed peacefully last week.

Thanks to all for the prayers and wishes.

Thank you for asking.

I posted in this thread because people should know the level of stupid.

After they pronounced him in comfort care, and not going to make it, was not able to get all family members up to see him due to daily# restrictions.

If his wife wasn`t there, it would have been a different story; won`t happen to me again.

After getting in, the mask req was not enforced....

14. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Turn around and face forward? :crackup:

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss Cav. Glad it was peaceful and you did get to see him.

cav115 likes this.
  16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Oh I am so sorry to hear that. I can only imagine your frustration at an already enormously difficult time. RIP to your father and sincere condolences to you and your family. :(

cav115 likes this.
  17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

There is no point unless you are claiming the number is zero. Any number above zero winds up with an opinion about what is acceptable or not and that is a pointless argument.

I think that in some areas (including most of Florida) due to the # of new cases, lack of contact tracing, and % positive test rate makes it stupid to go into a crowded bar and not wear a mask. All of those numbers are moving in the wrong direction in FL right now. FL has plenty of ICU beds right now, but if those numbers keep moving in the wrong direction they will end up like AZ, where many areas are out of ICU beds and the need for them statewide is rising fast. Folks that need an ICU won't be helped by a 200+ mile trip to find one available. Shutting down after all the ICU beds are full is too late as the spread takes a while to respond to new measures (both opening and closing).
    https://covidactnow.org/us/fl?s=51764
    https://covidactnow.org/us/az?s=51764

If you are in a state or area that has things under pretty good control, you are in a low risk category, and you are not planning on being in contact with folks that are high risk for the next two weeks, then go for it. I plan on being available to assist my 80 year old parents with anything they should need while minimizing their chances for exposure to Covid19.

DmanSlam and BC like this.
  18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of something a friend used to say about 2-up riding....
    "nothing turns my stomach like tits against my back" Take that like you will....:eek:

Wingnut and scottn like this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

I would not be his friend. LOL
    3E27772A-EBB2-4C86-859C-7499F70378C0.jpeg

20. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

So, the first one to take it the wrong way....:D

scottn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.