1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Next will be your badge declaring you got the vaccine. No badge. No entry.

Keep thinking it won't happen. ;)

MachineR1 and Banditracer like this.
  2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

#notmymommy

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

cav115 and Metalhead like this.
  4. G 97

G 97 Garth

No it’s not just like any other health code violation. Where do you come up with this? :confused:
    Enforcement has and is already happening without multiple warnings. Both people and businesses have already been arrested and shut down. But keep ignoring past and current events.

cav115 likes this.
  5. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

in VA the order has no teeth. It’ll br manages by the health dept. no defined criminal offense.

so, it’s fake feel good safety theater. Meant to pander to the dumasses.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

We all know who the pansy is. You wanting and expecting others to do as what you feel is right and better for yourself is nothing but being a pansy. I’m not asking or expecting for anyone to do anything for me, YOU ARE.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Honestly, I believe the push for masks is more to keep people afraid and cautious rather than any actual prevention. Given that there is no criteria for what material or design is effective nor for how long, it is total horseshit.

So long as people see folks with masks they can keep the pandemic fresh in their minds.

418, trussdude, cav115 and 5 others like this.
  8. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think we've had enough arguing over the viability of the masks at this point.

worthless, sdg and JBraun like this.
  10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Doesn't sound like it. :D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wasn't actually a question....

:crackup:

MachineR1, cav115 and Metalhead like this.
  12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

It’s hot in WI. I jumped in a service van yesterday to augment my overloaded service staff. Since I mandated masks be worn by my technicians, I of course followed my own rules. It was worth it for the conversation I had with a 70-something biker with a POW/MIA flag in his front lawn.

He opens the door and says, "What's the mask for?"

"Company policy."
    "You have to wear it?"
    "Up to you."
    "Unless you're hiding the whiskey on your breath, take that shit off. It makes me want to smack you."

I about fell over laughing. Funny guy. He said the irony of being told to hide in his house for his safety by the same government which drafted him into Vietnam and gave him Hodgkins was too much to handle.

MachineR1, Ducti89, GRH and 7 others like this.
  13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Most of the people I've had come to the shop in the last couple weeks have had one on. I tell them " you can take that thing off if you want, I think it's all bullshit ". Most have been very willing to comply. :crackup:

Ducti89 likes this.
  14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not the least of which when 1/2 the dips hits you see walking around are constantly tugging them off and/or wearing them with their nostrils protruding out the top.

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

So are they the dipshits, or are the people who are wearing them, because of the gov't, like I am.

cav115 likes this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

RESIST! :D

tiggen likes this.
  17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

If that is the case you should just be wearing it on your chin :)

[​IMG]

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I've seen a few people wearing them this way. I'm wearing mine because you have to going into stores, bank, etc. out here. While at the office I'm not wearing it and neither are the few people I have coming in.

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yup, the mounting evidence to the contrary is really starting to build up. People are sitting at home stressed out, depressed and anxiety riddled but at least they can have a plentiful supply of alcohol and psychiatric drugs on hand to make sure they're constantly doped up. I've managed to eat clean, exercise regularly and not had a drop to drink throughout all of this, but I'm not everyone. I do have a genuine concern to the mental state of a lot of people who are on the opposite end of the spectrum the longer this goes on.

https://www.justfacts.com/news_covid-19_anxiety_lockdowns_life_destroyed_saved
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/more-p...-insomnia-and-doctors-are-worried-11590411600
    https://abc7news.com/suicide-covid-19-coronavirus-rates-during-pandemic-death-by/6201962/

https://www.scribd.com/document/462319362/A-Doctor-a-Day-Letter-Signed

Senna likes this.
  20. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’m fortunate. Still haven’t closed for a day. Weird thing is.... no ones been borrowing money. Everyone’s been picking up their pawns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.