1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica / Road America

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 8, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

One step at a time. Keep in mind too a lot of the issues with tracks are coming from them covering their asses with regard to local/county/state laws and lawyers. Now on top of normal lawsuits you have to worry about pandemic lawsuits - and things do change at least for employers when a pandemic is declared. It sucks but with racing a large part of what we have to do to survive is CYA.

2. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Are there any active pandemic cases currently? I can’t imagine any of them would be able to support the burden of proof. It’s not like the testing can say exactly when or where you contracted the virus.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The whole covid 19 thing has been classified as a pandemic, from what I've seen it doesn't matter where or when you get it. That being said I can't see people winning by suing a track but as long as the CDC and states have all of these suggestions in place I know for sure the lawyers are all saying follow every single one to make sure...

Senna likes this.
  4. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Knoxville tn has ZERO vivid cases in any hospital right now.

5. khill

khill Well-Known Member

We have access to pretty good counsel for our Trackday company and when asked about a C19 waiver for us, he just laughed. "There is not enough fundamental information available to set precedent, baring a malicious act."

That said, we are taking precautions as well as getting clients to acknowledge the overall situation via written policies and procedures that align with the track and state.

Ken

Tas likes this.
  6. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Sheboygan County, where Road America is, has been largely unaffected. We are down to 5 cases today. Our high water mark was never more than 20 active cases. We have gone for some time without any needing hospitalization. High water mark for hospitalized was 4. We have been on a downward trend for several weeks. The bulk of active cases were centered in two elderly care facilities, where the 3 deaths in the county came from. Of note, the average age of the three that passed was greater than the average life expectancy by some bit. So, for us, it's not been an issue. Out and about, stores are full, and only about 10% are wearing masks.

Gino230, 5axis and Newyork like this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hmmm, I wonder if both RA and MA might revisit their decisions and allow spectators. Really no reason not to.

8. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Only thing I could really think of is the state government getting fussy about that as it will attract nonresidents, whereas opening the local watering holes really doesn't (or shouldn't).

9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

The more I read this the more it annoys the shit out of me.

OldSchlPunk and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Haircuts are murder.

Steady T and OldSchlPunk like this.
  11. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

They probably don’t want a bunch of people from Chicago up there spreading it around.

12. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

No stopping that. Wisconsin is Chicago folks’ play area during summer weekends.

5axis likes this.
  13. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Especially the village of Elkhart Lake.

14. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

The smart ones go to Michigan :D

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Tell them Chicago peeps to stay off my lake. They have lake Michigan to boat on!

16. motoracer1100

Well , which is “ your” Lake :D so I can tell em :crackup:

TurboBlew likes this.
  17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Anything north of Vanderbilt, pleaseeee!

renegade17 likes this.
  18. motoracer1100

Vanderbilt doesn’t even have a Lake :D
    I’m due west in Northport

19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Yeah so, I don't them any closer than about 25 miles? And if I were you I would be worried about them sailing up Lake Michigan to your marina. :eek:

20. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

We don't want them either!:crackup: