1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CB650F

Discussion in 'General' started by CausticYarn, May 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You Oregon folks ever see any black people out there?

2. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

By the way, CY, I just picked up a 2008 pristine Concours 14 from my next-door neighbor. He was going to buy a new Gold Wing and the dealer was only going to offer him $2500 for the bike. He was bitching about it and I told him, "if you don't want to deal with the dealer, I'll stroke you a check right now for the $2500" So now I have it. Might be too big/heavy for you, but it's stone-dead reliable and has a Corbin seat, lockable/removable hard bags and an adjustable windshield. You're welcome to borrow it for the ride if you want. It's not like I have a ton of money tied up in it. Just putting that out there. (Oh, and I'm gloriously-happily married, not wanting to sound like this is some sort of come-on.) But the offer is real. Just not sure if it isn't too big/heavy for you. But give it some thought.

cav115, Boman Forklift and Phl218 like this.
  3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Depends where and how high elevation you are. The Willowas (the small mountain range in the upper NE corner) are alpine. Most of the area is sagebrush steppe, with some ponderosa pine/eastside mixed conifer in the wetter/higher locales.
    You can get a lot of data here: http://www.prism.oregonstate.edu/normals/
    Here are Baker City averages for Jan-June:

Jan
    Feb Mar Apr May Jun
    Average high in ºF
    34 40 50 58 66 74
    Average low in ºF 16 19 25 29 36 42
    Av. precipitation in inch 0.80 0.58 0.82 0.85 1.48 1.18
    Av. snowfall in inch 7 5 3 1 0

4. StanTheMan

Why? You know any black people?

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How is it that you guys never feel the need to post these disclaimers when you're offering to help dudes? :D

rd400racer likes this.
  6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That just made me burst out laughing. :crackup: :clap:

7. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Only if you go to the "right" neighborhood.
    JK, ask Shakazulu

They did repeal the sundown law many years ago

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  8. StanTheMan

True-enough good point. 'Specially way some of the dudes in here have a Vag. I've just never had any direct contact with CY, and didn't want to inadvertently come across as a douche. That's why.

HPPT likes this.
  9. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

CY, a note on planning from a former flatlander (Lake St Extension)
    We have mountains out here. It's easy to exceed 6,000' in the passes. Crater Lake is higher than that. So, expect cold and snow at anytime
    In a snowy year, the roads at Crater Lake don't open until mid June, or later. I've been there in late June and the N-S road had just opened. The Rim Rd was still being rotary plowed.
    You really need to ride around the lake to get all the good views. Even better, hike down into the caldera and take the boat tour.

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

LOL, because of troublemakers like you.

11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

How's this?

I'm a married guy so, what should I wear when calling for insurance?

12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Khakis, just to blend in.

13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Something lubed up real good.

14. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Did a family trip out west a couple summers ago. Crater Lake was one of the top highlights of the trip. We were there in August. As was mentioned definitely take the time to hike down to the water; it's the most clear lake I've ever seen. We even went for a swim. It's also some of the coldest water I've ever been in.

15. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

We did, that was our 1st full day in Lassen. We talked our 10yr old twin girls into doing it so it took awhile but totally worth it and yes, the gravel was tough. We got lucky and there was a butterfly migration going on so we were surrounded by 1000s of California Tortoiseshell butterflies above the treeline.

rd400racer likes this.
  16. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

We did the boat ride to Wizard Island and that was pretty cool, but the hiking on the island is VERY slow-going. We did a little swimming at the boat dock, a few folks had goggles which would be worth it to see underwater there. The biggest thing I wish we had done was to try to stay at the lodge in the park. It'd be pricey but worth it I think. Instead we stayed at an AirBnB about 40min away as they're not a lot of options.

Rising likes this.
  17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Then I wouldn't be calling insurance, I'd be calling Home-Ec.
    Got the number? :D

image.png

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’m no longer married. Exactly why I don’t offer advice. :D

19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

That made me spit out my beverage :crackup:

20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

2500 is a solid $1K under value, and the C14 is big enough for CY to take the kids and the ex along...so errybody will be happy!

Phl218 likes this.