1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Time Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by cpettit, Mar 31, 2020.

1. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

Elbow grease. And WD40.

2. james weaver

james weaver Well-Known Member

motion ,thanks for the reply. like every one else , trying to work on several bikes. 76 ss 750 taking most of my time and money.

3. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Spending time getting some tweaks and upgrades going on the 3D printer.

All my projects are pending on parts not expected to get anytime soon anymore.
    Pulled the Tomos out of the shed to see how bad of a shape it's in. Then probably throw money at it out of boredom once it's running.

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I got another one back together tonight. All dressed up with nowhere to grid up

Attached Files:

cpettit, Sabre699 and 2blueYam like this.
  5. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

The 70 Aermacchi getting a new piston and clean up.

Attached Files:

• 70.jpg
      70.jpg
      File size:
      330.7 KB
      Views:
    cpettit likes this.
  6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Haven't got shit done in the garage the past 3 days due to 195 bags of mulch that showed up here the other day. Now that i got that shit out of the way it's on to the dirt bike maintenance!

noles19 likes this.
  7. grasshopper

Pulled the motor out of the little XR for a rebuild [​IMG]

cpettit likes this.
  8. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Anyone have a motor that would fit a CRF450R? My supersingle that dropped a valve in 2011 is the only project still not running. XR100, Hawk, Grom, and EU2000 are all up on maintenance and humming. The car is detailed, and I installed new sliders/armor on the truck. There's nowhere to take it that's open though.

I guess I could organize some shelves...

9. grasshopper

Is the 450 motor completely destroyed?

10. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Boat back from storage and all PMs done, looking forward to getting on the water. Could use a shift cable, tho. Why do boat service manuals almost seem like they’re designed to send you to the marina mechanic? I can’t even find the proper spec cable (that I’m 100% about, anyway). Let alone a serious how-to. It’s a Merc Optimax 115 if anyone knows...

Chopper project is off to paint in a couple weeks, so that’ll get some love and odds and ends finished on the frame and some finish welding.
    That’s on hold for now tho as I’ve been full-go on my ‘91 Jeep YJ project. 33’s with no lift (lots of cutting on the body and tube style fenders, which is what I’m working on today). New fuel tank cradle, all new suspension bushings everywhere, new Eibach shocks, new steering stabilizer, Ford 8.8 going in out back in a couple days. Got a tubing bender and a nocher so have been learning that. Tube doors and tailgate, and roll cage additions currently being built. Building bumpers from scratch. So much more fun than replacing seals and janky OEM shit. 6.0 LS is going in in the winter.

Really thankful that I have the resources and time to work on it. I really feel for any of you that have been hit hard financially by this virus.

11. SLLaffoon

Case and trans are good. It needs a new head, cylinder, piston, and rod/crank assembly.

12. grasshopper

BUILD IT!!!! :)

13. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

+1 for using WD40 (along with a green scotchbrite pad when necessary).

14. SLLaffoon

Means I still need to source said components, haha.

15. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

Been working on this for 7 years.

Making some progress lately:

Wiring is done
    Still need paint, headlight mount fab 2013-04-02 19.38.57.JPG IMG_9137.jpg IMG_9136.jpg IMG_9135.jpg IMG_9131.jpg

Attached Files:

16. J Bart

J Bart Fat Kid Track Days

Post a video of that 2 smoke!!

DmanSlam, Pixelator and trussdude like this.
  17. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

I have a three year old and a 17 month old, I'm not getting anything done even though I'm currently out of work

noles19 likes this.
  18. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Not spending much time in the garage but the basement is another story.
    [​IMG]
    7.62x39 AR 80% with a PDW stock I had laying around which will get changed out for a real stock as soon as it arrives.

[​IMG]
    AR9mm 80% Foxtrot Mike lower which I mated with a side charging upper. Should be a fun little pistol when it gets a red dot.

Photo and borislav like this.
  19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Also didn't do anything in my garage (save for dropping my S1000XR and it touching pavement for the only time in its life while moving it out of the way to get to my fucking kid's bike :mad: - yes, I was extremely intoxicated), but made some progress in organizing my shed (before this weekend it looked like a hoarder stole a bunch of shit and put it in a pile in the shed) . Got 90% done, but still not sure what to do with that loft storage - anyone else have loft storage like that, and if so, whatcha doing with it?

Attached Files:

JBall likes this.
  20. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I'd relocate those gas jugs on the floor. That is the coolest (temperature-wise) location for them

TLR67 likes this.