1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Time Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by cpettit, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

69 Mini Trail 50 owned by my cousin

motion likes this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Are you from Italy, or just flying the Italian flag because of Pirelli?

3. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

74 I think

5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Well I did work for them for 20 years, and I do love Tuscany and Sicily and spent a lot of time there. And don't forget good Vino Rosso, Nero d'Avola, Prosciutto di Parma, any Risotto, & Espresso so...

I'm just like you peeps, bored.

motion likes this.
  6. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

You can sell it to me for $10 more than you paid and make a quick profit. That's like 10 free dollar menu items for you...and you wont have to work on it :beer:

Nice find

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Was just curious... your username reminded me of a cool book an old Italian racer who owns a tire shop in Milano gave me last spring.

IMG_8066.jpg

8. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

cpettit likes this.
  9. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Finally installed my No-mar tire changer (a day after I asked for a quote on a pneumatic one :rolleyes:).

Better later than never, I guess.......and the new (waiting to be installed) tires were starting to build up a bit :D

Attached Files:

cpettit likes this.
  10. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

Works been same for me but next week we go part time for now so I’ll get to start on getting things done at home. No garage here but I did build a workshop for the bikes so they are nice and comfy. It’s time to service all 3 cars so I’ll get that done first. Then I need to start installing some of my new stuff for the bikes. I have quiet a bit to do with them. Lots of cool upgrades.

11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

I worked with a cool old guy named Mannini, and his hobby was collecting Pirelli advertising art. We connected because we both love that kind of stuff. Over the years I would make sure when in Milano to look him up. He would educate and show me on all of the cool ad stuff around the campus. One of the reprints I got from him was this one, and hence the forum name.
    upload_2020-4-1_18-23-19.png

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

A few years ago I needed a front tire for the Africa Twin around Bergamo. Quickly learned that you don't find a bike tire at a bike shop necessarily... they have them at car shops, too. Also learned that "tire" was not understood well. Pneumatico!

RichB likes this.
  13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Sandro Moro's moto pneumatico shop in Milano

IMG_5872.jpg

IMG_5871.jpg

14. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

This is turning out to be a time to get plenty done.

On my enclosed trailer I completely stripped the roof of paint and seam sealer. I did the same for all of the caulked seams around the trailer's side panels as well as all of the lights. I re-caulked all of those seals that I removed. On the roof I went over the new caulking with 6" wide vinyl seam tape that is also a permanent weatherproof seal. Then I went over the whole roof with a couple of coats of aluminum trailer roof paint that is heat reflective and waterproof. My roof should never leak. :clap:

I installed 2 shore-power type setups into my trailer for easy electrical hookup inside the trailer. That let me close up all of the ports that I had installed in the floor of my trailer that I used to run extension cords through. NO MORE CRAWLING UNDER THERE TO HOOKUP AND UNHOOK ANYMORE! Woo hoo!

I had already insulated the inside of my trailer's ceiling, and behind the wood on the walls/nose. So I covered the ceiling insulation with white beadboard and plastic paneling for a cleaner look.

Then I replaced the foam weather stripping around the ramp door.

Last thing I may do is a light sanding and spray the outside of the trailer with white rustoleum paint. I also like it looking ratty as a theft deterent, so I dont know. Almost forgot, I fixed my spare tire mount and mounted it.

For the bike I've bought some parts that I needed like a spare tail section, clipons, some frame sliders, etc... I finally ordered a quickshifer. Went with the Annitori with bluetooth adjustability. I should be able to install the sliders and quickshifter this weekend.

I also have a front wheel coming (now have a spare set) so that I can have some rain tires mounted to carry with me to the track. That way i wont have to worry about having tires mounted if it rains, i can just swap on my spare set.

Cleaned my garage too.

And will start some maintenance on the vehicles. Oil changes are coming sie. The wife's Durango just started leaving drips of oil when parked. So I gotta fix that because I HATE LEAKS. And i need to do her brakes. She's hit 100k mi and stillborn the OEMs pads and rotors because everytime I inspect them they are still meaty.

That's it for now.

20200401_195755.jpg 20200401_195647.jpg Screenshot_20200401-195507_Gallery.jpg 20200401_200142.jpg Screenshot_20200401-195333_Gallery.jpg 20200401_195854.jpg 20200401_200031.jpg Screenshot_20200401-195350_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200401-195355_Gallery.jpg 20200401_200115.jpg

15. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

If anyone's curious, here's the DIY tool I made to clean my fork seals, instructions came from the internet.

Attached Files:

16. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Think I might try and get this old girl started to.

upload_2020-4-2_8-55-6.png

tiggen, Wingnut and cpettit like this.
  17. RndHoleSqPeg

RndHoleSqPeg Well-Known Member

Getting around to some general maintenance and cleaning on my S4r that hasn't been ridden in three years. Also rebuilt the carb on the Xr100 and going to put a new tire on it to get setup for Indoor Kart Racing next year.

I am not sure of the quality of the workmanship of the mechanic on the job though wilder_working_on_the_duc.jpg

tiggen, borislav, tl1098 and 3 others like this.
  18. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I don't know...seems a flat blade screwdriver would be the appropriate tool to get the clutch plates out. Just watch out if it's 3 feet long!

RndHoleSqPeg likes this.
  19. RndHoleSqPeg

RndHoleSqPeg Well-Known Member

since a lot of parts I need aren’t coming in for a couple of weeks, I may as well really tear the monster down.

Does anyone have recommendations on products to help remove 50k miles of road grime?

20. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I use naptha (charcoal lighter fluid) and toothbrush/rags to clean a lot of this. But I would test it on painted/powdercoated items first. But definitely good for use on metal parts.