1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Population : 1.1 per square Mile :)

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah man, getting ready to jump on the chopper and go for a ride to no where. At least the convenience stores are still selling beer.

3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

PA update. New positives of 1,579 exceed those of prior two dates, less than peak observed of 1,597 on 4/4/20. Rate of increase declined to 12.17, lowest observed. Tentative observed shift from major metropolitans to secondary metropolitans...Lehigh (A/B/E), Luzerne (Wilkes-Barre, Hazleton), Lackawanna (Scranton) counties.

upload_2020-4-7_14-14-9.png

upload_2020-4-7_14-14-27.png

dlafz1 likes this.
  4. I need to find nowhere. I sat on the shitter so long today my legs were literally numb. I’d already courtesy flushed, wiped, flushed again than sat down in peace and quiet :)

5. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Key Florida Facts To Know:
    • Death Toll: 283
    • Positive Cases: 14,504 (14,065 Florida residents and 439 non-Florida residents)
    • Total Tests: 138,618
    • Negative Test Results: 122,792
    • Palm Beach County cases: 1,102 (63 dead)
    • Indian River County: 62
    • Martin County: 98
    • St. Lucie County: 118 (6 dead)
    • Okeechobee County: 4
    These numbers were last updated on Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 11 a.m.

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Record numbers for deaths today. Thought this had peaked a few days ago, but apparently not.

7. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

cav115 likes this.
  8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Ha! Was just looking at Harleys on FB.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Easy, the hospitals were already full as most usually are.

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

You got a boat right?...Were you looking for an anchor?

MachineR1 likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's the bullshit that is just plain annoying. Saying it is like the flu is NOT remotely blowing it off. Have you been ignoring the number of people the flu kills on a normal year? This year the flu AND Covid-19 haven't killed or hospitalized as many as a bad flu season does. So comparing it to the flu is a viable comparison because the flu is dangerous as hell.

Being in healthcare changes nothing. Healthcare systems overreacting as they're told to freak out by politician docs in health departments isn't surprising but it does not mean that this is world ending, they're just prepared in case it does get that bad. However every bit of data I'm seeing shows it is not getting worse at all. It's funny to me the same day the media is pushing pictures of tents in Central Park NYC hospitals discharged 3 times the Covid patients as they admitted....

sheepofblue and sdg like this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think it's everywhere really. ICU beds charge more and make more than a normal room, if you need more ICU beds you move those who "might" need an ICU who are in one as a CYA money maker into other rooms.

sdg likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Keep in mind not one of those projections by the experts has come true anywhere. There is a reason that the media is ignoring those released from the hospital and those who have gotten over this. It not being that bad doesn't justify the hourly updates and doesn't get the web hits and views on tv....

sheepofblue and sdg like this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're the one trying to sell how your hospital needs to make all these changes - so are they truly necessary? How full are you? How full is your ICU? How full was it prior to this?

sdg likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not at all, but using it as a measuring stick for the rest of the country is stupid. NYC has had other outbreaks where the hospitals have been overwhelmed short term. Instead of the panic they ship people around. It's normal.

baconologist and sdg like this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ummmmmm - nope. Politicians being backed into a corner by health care peeps lying about what is happening doesn't prove anything one way or the other.

I keep looking at the numbers and the ones that supposedly prove something horrific are not real numbers. That is a simple fact. I'm not seeing anything justifying the reaction at this point. They justify the warnings, they justify ramp9ing up production of respirators and safety gear, they justify putting supplies in place and being ready to build temp hospitals and quarantine areas. They do not warrant shutting down this country. Not even close.

galloway840, baconologist and sdg like this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I reserve to right to adjust as necessary as I wish more people were dead :D

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

<eminem voice>
    "Guess who's back, back again…" :D

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Right. I see him start posting and think, well, we bout to see who done fucked up!

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not seeing a steady climb of infected people per day according to the CDC, it's bouncing up and down but is definitely not a steady climb...

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html bottom graph, it's adjusted as they get more info and decide when people got infected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.