1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

How did you not see the sarcasm in his post?

2. No shit.

I read on fb yesterday where people were bitching about what's his name in NYC talking about shutting down churches. The members were like "they can't stop us, we will just gather in the parking lots".

Fucking idiots. :rolleyes:

They shouldn't HAVE to shut down churches. People should be able to use a little godamn common sense. The whole point is to avoid gatherings. Since you wont use your fucking head, they have to shut the place down...so you will then just gather in the parking lot? FFS

tony 340 likes this.
  3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

3 million.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

$1200 now, and $1200 later.

Which comes to.......

5. auminer

With the way some folks are jibbering about this, it's hard to differentiate sometimes!

Some are calling for us to rub some tussin on it & go back to normal activities, while some are clamoring that meeeliions will die unless we each lock ourselves into different rooms until a vaccine comes out.

The truth, as usual, lies somewhere in between the clamoring idiots that get all the airtime.

crashman likes this.
  6. auminer

[​IMG]

scottn likes this.
  7. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

natural selection at work : shrug :

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Don't close the tanning salon in DC !!

9. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

The problem with that is that those of us who are doing the right thing are continuing to be punished because these jackasses think they can do whatever they want.

ts199 and Gorilla George like this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And that differs from any other day in what way?

tl1098, ts199 and baconologist like this.
  11. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Because on a normal day I can go out and make money as opposed to being forced to sit on my couch with no income.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And you only get to keep what is allowed. The rest goes to....

cav115 likes this.
  13. Ok, now my company is getting creative. They have gotten approval, and are working on renting a big luxury yacht to make crew changes. It actually makes a lot of sense, for a few reasons.

The drillship (aka "rig") is way offshore, and the yacht can go right up to it. We have the ability to make ship-to-ship personnel transfers using the bigass cranes. This means the yacht never has to make landfall, and obviously neither does the crew. That means the crew never has to make "entry" into a country...so no border lockdowns are violated.

The time spent on the yacht will count as isolation. Rather than entering the country (if it was even possible), then having to do 2 weeks quarantine, we will spend 2 weeks in transit, which doubles as being in isolation. So then we can go straight from the yacht, to the drillship.

The best part about it is that we will be paid overtime while on the yacht. It will be counted as working days. :D

The only catch is domestic travel. Everyone will have to get to the dock, or maybe even to Puerto Rico. As far as I am aware, there aren't restrictions in place for domestic travel, well unless you are trying to get into Florida I think.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Fear mongering at its finest. :crackup:
    Any of the doom and gloomers want to share with us all how the ratio between the axis where established?
    07DA229B-B850-445B-98DA-946E55955C95.jpeg

cav115 likes this.
  15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

1. CBS news got busted using footage of an Italian hospital and passing it off as NYC.

2. The President of Belarus ain't closing anything. He said, “It’s better to die standing than to live on your knees”.

Shocker, 418, scottn and 2 others like this.
  16. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Does this yacht need a cook?

baconologist likes this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I've ridden a crane. Step into the sling and get lifted. OSHA would have a fkn seizure if they saw it but it's cool as shit. Probably put you guys in a cage. Not nearly as fun.

18. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Link to CBS article?

19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Unless you make a halfway decent living, in which case you get the bill.

auminer likes this.
  20. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

The right thing?? Here in ohio, out of 12 million people, we have 29 dead..... about 350 in the hospital, not all in ICU.

I don`t agree with shutting down business at this point.

Acton claimed 4.5 weeks ago we had over 100K cases in ohio..... where is all the projected carnage?

So far, doesn`t touch the flu. Please don`t talk to me about number of cases..

On top of killing businesses and families finacially, you do know what this is going to cost in give a ways right??

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    418 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.