1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ben. Again.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jun 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Ben should have just said, "teams are leaving, mofo's gonna be fighting over fewer seats, I'm out". Then we wouldn't have to litigate over "factories" all winter.

2. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

3. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

bring back tire wars

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Honda Asia-Dream Racing has their hands in multiple disciplines. Most recently at the 8 Hours of Sepang. Can't speak of any other Honda factory endeavors.
    https://www.hondanews.asia/corporate/detail-1654/

5. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

We need the next generation of Rough Ryder's buying shiny new streetbikes.

[​IMG]

jd41 likes this.
  6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Sad but true. :(

7. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

8. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

well, its ruff ryders, since you're into the slightest details

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

On the bright side it makes winter go by quicker.

JJJerry likes this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Old video but

11. Dragginass

You got me. This whole discussion just comes down to spelling really.

Spies said the factories were pulling out and MA is going to go under....but that was just a misspelling of "I heard some shit".

12. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Yeah, but words have meaning and if Yamaha and Suzuki have official teams, they have not left the series. Level of support is an entirely different issue.

Dragginass likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dude…

Wheeliest likes this.
  14. Dragginass

Dude. Dude?
    That was tongue in cheek. I've quoted spies enough in this thread to know what he said:crackup:

But for the fun of it, here's another Spies quote from the same time as the rest of his prognostications.

"But again for me, looking back when I’m not a spokesperson for anybody, I know for sure MotoAmerica is losing seven figures a year and there’s no way they’ll keep doing it no matter what licensing rights"
    -Ben Spies

15. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

Well shit, he was spot on about the factory's.. R.I.P M.A :(

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

It wouldn’t exactly shock me if they actually were losing that amount.

17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

All that, yet ...

Jonathan Rea on SPOTY snub: “Motorcycle racing hasn’t been embraced”

https://www.visordown.com/news/raci...snub-“motorcycle-racing-hasn’t-been-embraced”

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, really, it's tongue-in-cheek when you change what he said that you want others to be literal about it? Nice try.

As for your second quote, what about it? I don't see a date in it. Do you?

19. Dragginass

What I have said has been constant.

He said multiple factories would be pulling out in 2020. That did not happen. You can interpret whatever the heck you want, but that's fact.

I was assuming you were smart enough to separate the literal discussion of what he said from a hyperbolic comment not related to what we have been discussing. I was wrong. You caught the tater.

If you want to discuss what he said on the financials, go for it. You're right he gave no time table on calling it unsustainable. Time will have to tell, but the numbers guy at MA publicly retorted him after his comments, so there's that.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Right, because if they were hemorrhaging money, they would have confirmed it. Sure. That's how the world works.

I believe someone also publicly said that there was no truth to factory teams leaving.

Robby-Bobby likes this.