1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Try reading the 2nd sentence in a Yoda-like voice, you'll get it..... ;)

2. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

@KWyman133 , seems Karel has some money, I'd love to see him racing MA, you need a teammate with lots of $$$$?

Dooooo Eeeeetttt!

The Great One, 5axis and jd41 like this.
  3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

After reading the article and watching the interview, I will lean heavily towards believing Karels side over Xaus's. Ruben sounded like a politician that got caught with his hand in the cookie jar or something.

The Great One, stk0308 and Quicktoy like this.
  4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Absolutely. He should be ashamed and publicly apologize. I’m sure Ducati said get rid of Karel and bring in Zarco. That’s fine. Then you go to your rider and keep him updated. If Karel’s side is true then Xaus needs kick rocks.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Marc Marquez having surgery on his other shoulder. Seems it popped out at Sepang and again at Jerez.

Quicktoy likes this.
  6. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Karel have had enough of Ducati for foreseeable future...

7. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

And with the cash he has access to, he'd likely migrate toward WSBK. Just a guess.
    I know he gets ragged on and he's certainly not a threat to win in MotoGP, but the dude can ride. I'd like to see him in another series and see how he does. Everyone made fun of Bautista too.

Quicktoy and ShadowBoxer like this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why? They didn't do anything to him. Ducati supplies the bike to the team (if they pony up the cash) and don't decide who rides for the team.

He said it's too late to go to WSBK, best rides are full and no way to put together a program on his own with good equipment in time.

BSB might be an option, they could use the name and the cash he has.

9. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I doubt it would happen, but I'd love to see Zarco decide on Moto2 instead of Avintia, and put them in an extremely tough spot. I can't wait to see that joke of a team vanish from the MotoGP class.

Give Aprilia their grid spots and have Gresini come to an agreement with Suzuki, then we can have an entirely professional paddock.

stk0308 likes this.
  10. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Xaus highsides again!

11. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

Is this the nick in the armor? Now he has two bad shoulders. Not a good way to start the off-season. Is Marquez right handed?

12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I don't know if the shoulders will be his Downfall, but I can say that his shoulders will nag him for the rest of his life, once they start popping out and they do surgery rarely are they the same.
    Just going by other racers that have had problems and my gf who has had 4 reconstructive surgeries on her shoulders.

13. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Chucking yourself down the road at those speeds, that many times takes a toll on your body, I don't care who you are. Talent aside, the most amazing part of Marc's career thus far for me is that he's never had an LTA in the big leagues that I can remember. Even hurt after big crashes he still rides up in the points and salvages a round. He crashes like gumby.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Steeltoe likes this.
  16. lookmtb

lookmtb Active Member

So I don't know anything about them other than seeing them circulate at the back of the pack, but what makes them such a joke / un-professional? Aside from how they handled getting rid of Karel of course.

17. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

If you don’t think Ducati had a big hand in Karel getting then you might as well believe in the tooth fairy too...
    “Ducati: If you get rid of Karel you are getting 2019 bikes with engineers from us and you are then considered a satellite team. Oh btw, you are also getting Zarco. Avintia: Consider it done! Karel, you are fired!”

Jaketheone46 and Boman Forklift like this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't know, maybe. It would be a safe way to see how he goes on the Ducati and see if he's as big of a nutball as he's made out to be. I did read that Ducati was offering that seat to Marquez 2 and they'd foot his pay but I doubt Ducati really cared as much about Zarco. Dorna and the French GP promoter wanted Zarco there and were willing to pay. I hope Zarco is paying attention, he could get the axe just as quickly.

but let's be brutally honest, Abraham needed to go. Yeah, a desirable passport and he could pay but he hasn't done much. He shouldn't have had that seat to start with.

G 97 likes this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: He certainly had ample time and a fair opportunity to separate himself from being above mid pack but never seemed to progress. Next man in.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

No idea. But I could also understand if Avintia went to Ducati and inquired what they needed to do or what changes needed to be implemented in order to secure an increase in support level from Ducati etc. For some reason I don’t get the overwhelming feeling that Ducati drove the specific details with this or with their other support/satellite teams. Again no idea. But to your point, I would think that Ducati would have had to give their blessing. ???